Do I need two Actinic Payment packages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I need two Actinic Payment packages?

I have recently signed up with Bank Of Scotland Merchant Services (now called First Data).

I understand I need seperate Merchant Accounts for online and for moto (moto being part of my B&M merchant ID agreement), and have my 2 merchant IDs.

Do I also need to have 2 seperate Actinic Payments packages to operate this set up, along with paying 2 two seperate sets of fees to AP, or is there some way of avoiding needing the 2nd AP package?

I have set up the online system with AP using the keys provided, but on attempting to set up MOTO with Actinic, it again asks me for keys, which I assume, shouldn't be the same as the ones for online.

Is the simple way to just to enter the few MOTO's via the B&M terminal, instead of using a computer based one, and is this a legit way to proceed?
    If this is OK, how do I set up the payment option for this scenario in Actinic?

Please forgive the multiple questions, but there is not a lot of help documentation available on this (or if there is, I can't find it), so I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

I accept MOTO and ecommerce payements with AP and have two merchant accounts with Streamline/RBS, but only pay a single Actinic Payments fee.

You don't need two AP packages but will have different ckeys for the MOTO and ecommerce sales.

If you have only received one set of data perhaps Actinics are nbot aware you accept MOTO also.
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Firstly I received an email "Customer Account Details from Actinic" confirming a username and issuing a password. Then I received one headed "Application Received" giving a link.

The link takes you to https://forms.actinic.com where you login and find 'Setup Info' - your keys are in there.
      Paul
      Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Thanks Darren - thats the good news I wanted to hear (both merchant accounts can run through a single AP account).
        I only received one set of keys, so will try calling AP sales on Monday to get the MOTO set.

Thanks Paul - I had the link, but only 1 set of keys, but needed 2 - 1 each for online and MOTO

Comment

Merchant Accounts

One question leads to another!

This has now made me think - why do I need two merchant accounts?

I run Actinic payments with two merchant acounts, one being a MOTO account.
          Is it possible to take MOTO payments by entering them directly into my Actinic shop as if I were the customer?
          If so I`m thinking I don`t need a 2nd merchant account??

Paul
          Guidepost
          www.guidepost.uk.com

Comment

The bank rules say you must distinguish between MOTO and ecommerce sales.

3D Secure is growing and is likley to become 100% compulsory in the future. 3D Secure is only applicable to ecommerce. Obviously you can't ask your customer for the 3D secure password, so that's another reason not to put orders in on the web site.

The banks vary on whether they require one or two merchant accounts to take ecommerce and MOTO, some allow both through one account.

Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris,

I knew there would have to be a good reason.

Cheers,
              Paul.

Comment

Working...
              X