Back Orders creating duplicate payment entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back Orders creating duplicate payment entry

Here's a problem we are having with Act10 and Actinic Payments.

All payments pre-authorised and are committed through the Actinic orders tab, not a virtual terminal.

Order received value £50
    Ship all order lines and print invoice (we pick using the invoice rather than packing note, so ship all as first step)
    Unship lines that can't be picked
    Close order and click back order
    Print off back order value £10
    Open original order and request commit of payment due of £40 (£50 less the back order)

Payment history shows
    20/05/11 £40 with original order ref

Later,
    Back order items arrive back in stock, and back order marked as shipped
    In payments tab, click pay to take balance of £10

Payment history now shows
    20/05/11 £40 with original order ref
    20/05/11 £40 with original order ref /B1
    25/05/11 £10 with back order ref
    and excessive payment shown.
    Note the duplicated payment line shows at original payment date, not later date when problem actual occurs

Not yet checked AP terminal to see if any extra payments taken, but this has happened on 3 consecutive orders.

UPDATE:
    This problem happens if you click PAY from the 'progress and payments' tab, without selecting 'view payments'
    If you pay and commit via 'view payments' all appears ok
    Same amount shows as ready to pay, but if you pay without opening 'view payments' you get the duplicated line.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?
    Any ideas?

It sounds like a bug to me.

Not yet checked AP terminal to see if any extra payments taken, but this has happened on 3 consecutive orders.
    Probably worth checking. I'm sure the customer wouldn't be too happy to be charged twice.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Checked with AP and the payments have only been taken once, so it does indeed look like a bug in the A10 software. The PSP provider ref the shows in the payments tab of A10 is identical for both payment lines.
      So whom do I report this to, and how do I get rid of the duplicate line, as order is showing excess payment, even though the correct total amount has been processed through AP?
      I guess a call to support tomorrow morning

Comment

Support have just confirmed that this is a known bug. The workaround is to always use 'view payments' to commit, and not use the 'commit' button at the stage before you view payments.

Comment

Working...
        X