No announcement yet.

Couple of PayPal questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For my two penneth, I've used standard Paypal as my only PSP for years and I've had exactly 3 customers refuse to use it.

To my knowledge, I've only had a couple of failures (people press Pay Now and nothing happens). I rarely get incomplete orders, but it does happen.

I myself always use it as an option if it's present.

It's easy to integrate into Actinic, but I had to switch off the bounceback as it was causing paypal to hang (that's when I got most incompletes. Very rare since I switched it off).
    The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

We've been using it for a couple of weeks now with no issues, the only small concern I have centres around the lack of seller protection if the customer doesn't have an address tied to their PayPal account. But if a situation arises from this in the future, we'll deal with it then. I'm certainly not worrying about it.
      Regards,

Nick Churchill
      www.oliverslighting.co.uk
      Olivers Online Shop
      Working within SellerDeck V11

Comment

In 5 years, I've never had an issue, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I think, like theft, you have to accept it's going to happen
        The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

One thing I've noticed is that occasionally, pp will process a payment and then a few hours later send you an email saying they have put teh account on hold whilst they check the account and not to send the items. This almost always happens when we've been free quick to despatch Luckily the payments have always gone through later.

We've been using it for 7 years and the only chargebacks have been against 2 fraudulent transactions about 5 years ago when we used paypal's card payments and one of those we hadn't despatched as it looked dodgy.

I think their systems are robust enough to notice people that repeatedly claim not to receive items.

Whilst people have money sat in their paypal account it makes sense to make it as easy as possible for them to give that money to you so in answer to your first question paypal is essential.

Comment

Working...
          X