Fraud Status - Held on Virtual Terminal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fraud Status - Held on Virtual Terminal

I am using the Virtual Terminal provided by Credit Call via Actinic Payments.

A credit/debit card payment that I have just processed is showing under the Fraud Check tab as 'Held' with a red padlock by it ...

Does this mean it is permenantly held until something is decided or checked by us or the credit card company ??

Do I need to do anything with it to release it for payment ?

When I first processed it through the Virtual Terminal I was issued with an approved receipt, but on checking the payment through the report screen it shows the following ...(the value was for £961.01)

Held
    Events UTC: 07/07/11 14:37:46 Score: 45 State: Held
    AC12A (+2) Telephone number has not been supplied
    CD21C (-10) Card verification code passed
    CD22A (+1) Dwelling name / number details were not given
    CD23A (+1) Dwelling postcode numerics not given to check
    TC15B (-1) Transaction was placed through a call centre via phone
    TC34B (+7) Moderate/High value transaction- sub-client specified by parameter band
    TC34C (+9) High value transaction- sub-client specified by parameter band
    TC34D (+11) Very High value transaction- sub-client specified by parameter band
    TC34G (+25) High value transaction- sub-client specified by parameter band

Has anybody had an experience with how this works at all ?

Post #3 in this thread should help clarify the situation: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=48986

Originally posted by cbarling View Post
    "Held" status in the third man just means that you should check it very carefully and probably not ship it. The payment has actually gone through so if you reject the order you need to void or refund the payment.

Actinic are changing the terminology from "held" to "check" from v10.0.3 because the current terminology is confusing.
    Basically the payment has gone through but the 3rd man fraud check has produced a score exceeding 40, you will then need to decide whether to proceed with the order, cancel it or follow up with more checks such as calling the customer.

If the delivery address is a work address a high score often results, but in your case it may be mainly due to the high value.
    If you have 3D secure enabled check if it passed.
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

As Darren says, the payment went through so you're being advised to verify the purchaser before shipping the goods.

A good place to start is 192.com which will do a free phonebook check as well as more advanced options.

You might want to check your setup as the fraud score also seems to be suggesting that you aren't passing the address and postcode details (or possibly that the purchaser deleted them from the payment screen if this can be done).

CD22A (+1) Dwelling name / number details were not given
      CD23A (+1) Dwelling postcode numerics not given to check
      Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

He is using MOTO

I am using the Virtual Terminal provided by Credit Call via Actinic Payments.
        So you might of not of fill address and telephone number in so it can not check them. That is why you are getting a high score
        Elliott - Weybridge Lights

www.weybridgelights.co.uk

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the replies.

As you say JGLIGHTING I am using the Virtual Terminal and not using the payment authorisation system from within Actinic via the 'Order' screen (this will be set up eventually...long story why not, but hopefully should be sorted soon).

Hence it is not a requirement with the Virtual Terminal to enter addresses and telephone numbers etc., so presumably the 3rd man Fraud Check is always going to have a problem with this method as it hasn't really got anything to check against ?

My main concern was that the payment would not be processed unless I ticked or authorised something !

So I presume what you are saying is that the payment has been authorised and will be processed and passed through (if ok of course) without any further intervention from me?

Comment

For a sum of that amount I would undertake further checks like 192.com and also a phone call just to be sure, to me any large order regardless of 3rd Man we look closely at also check the order makes sense
            Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
            X