google checkout issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

google checkout issues

i have just moved from v7 to v10 eventually after some time getting design right

i have got the google checkout working also after playing around for some days and getting the secure checkout working and the orders are coming into actinic and its showing correct shipping tables

but i have two issues

1/ we done some test order, i got my bro to order and he didnt have enough in account, it went through checkout showed in actinic as paid in full and all details to google, if login to google shows as card declined - does that mean i need to manually login to google checkout each time to double check payment has went through or is there somehting to sort this?

2/ when i have set order to shipped, do i manually need to go into google and select the order to shipped or is there some way to link from actinic so it knows shipped and will update to google

thanks for any info

please check out our new site www.3000rpm.com and give any feedback also please
    www.3000rpm.com

Regardless of that, do some further testing from an account with funds in it - if you don't commit in Google the funds aren't spent anyway.

The major issue that we encountered on a site with tax-inclusive pricing like yours is that GC doesn't handle the calculations in the same way as Actinic, you will find that you get 1p errors that you then have to sort out with an Order Adjustment.

Secondly, re. your 2/: yes you have to login to GC to mark it shipped, you also have to do this to actually commit the funds.

Thirdly, there are shipping charge issues if GC has cause to default to whatever you set (in GC) the default to be. If you set it low you may lose out, too high you might put customers off.

In a nutshell, we gave up with it, too many problems. Not many buyers used it anyway.
    Paul
    Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

it works but its not the best intergration. Actinic will blame google google will blame actinic.

Additional callbacks are needed for many reasons but actinic can not handle these. If the customer cancels you wont get a callback, if the payment fails later through checks you wont get a call back e.t.c google tries to do the call backs but actinic cant or wont accept them.

It can be a pita but i check before sending

Comment

thanks a lot, ill just keep checking orders

i would say its popular we just made it live on tuesday and have had 30+ payments with google checkout

one reason is for the reviews as we pay higher than paypal etc as have hundreds per day going through paypal and worldpay

hope there will be some better integration in v11
        www.3000rpm.com

Comment

Working...
        X