Paypal IPN and API changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal IPN and API changes

Paypal say they are making changes to their IPN and API - with changes due 29th Sept, Oct 1 and Nov 15:

- IPN Customers who have their IPN Listener script behind their firewall with hard-coding of IP Addresses or use of Access Control List management of IP addresses:
    To avoid an interruption in IPN support, customer must either:

1. Continue to post back to https://www.paypal.com and update access control list to allow outbound access to ANY IP address for the servers that host our IPN script.

OR

Modify the IPN script to post back IPNs to the newly created URL https://ipnpb. paypal.com using HTTPS (port 443) and update firewall access control list rules to allow outbound access to the ipnpb.paypal.com IP ranges

Does this affect Actinic sites?

also
    Nov 15
    API Customers, including Express Checkout, Websites Payments Pro (3.0) and Website Payments Pro Payflow Edition (2.0), who either hard code outbound IP addresses or use an Access Control List.

You must either point to DNS or update access control list with newly added IP addresses to avoid an interruption in service. While these changes must be made by early March, 2012, we strongly encourage you to make any necessary updates by November 15th 2011 as this will help minimize any potential disruptions during the holiday season.

Anyone know anything about this?
    Nigel
    Actinic user with history
    www.nigelsecostore.com

I received the same email from paypal and am also wondering if there is something I need to do?
    Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

AFAIK Actinic doesn't hard code any IP addresses for paypal nor use any IP addresses for access control so my reading of this is that it's not going to be a problem for us.

Would be good to have confirmation from Actinic though.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

yes, it would be helpful if someone from actinic confirmed that these paypal changes wont affect us.
        Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
          AFAIK Actinic doesn't hard code any IP addresses for paypal nor use any IP addresses for access control so my reading of this is that it's not going to be a problem for us.
          Mike
          That is 100% correct; we do not use IP addresses and so should be unaffected by the change.

Gordon Camley

3rd Line Support
          SellerDeck.

Comment

yipee !

thanks
            Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Working...
            X