Confirmation email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmation email

I downloaded the actinic software to build a site for someone else.

The site is nearly ready to go live but I have a question about the confirmation email.

When someone places an order, will the notification email specify exactly what they have ordered. All payments are going to be paypal to start with.

An email will go to my client and an email to me.
    Retro Sweets Shop

The order email is sent by actinic and will list the items that have been purchased.

This email is only sent when the customer returns to your websites receipt page after they've paid. This doesn't happen all the time so the email alone is not suitable as the main confirmation of order details.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Ok, so if the customer doesn't return to the site how do I or my client know there has been an order?

Wouldn't paypal re-direct back to the site once payment is made
      Retro Sweets Shop

Comment

You can set an option to have you sent an email that a Catalog order has been received. This is a heads up that there is (at least) one order to download. You can then send an order confirmation email to the customer from within the software and cc it to yourself if necessary.

Once downloaded of course, all the order information is there in plain sight.

PayPal - like all payment methods - should redirect the customer back to your site but this is 100% dependent on the customer following the instructions and not closing their browser window prematurely.
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Ok sounds like trial and error to me, if I have any probs when I get to that stage I will know where to come...
          Retro Sweets Shop

Comment

Working...
          X