Google Checkout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Checkout?

Would anyone recommend adding Google Checkout as a payment option?

We currently use Sagepay and Paypal, and require all customers to go through our (actinic) checkout, I see that Google Checkout bypasses that.

It costs more than Sagepay.

Does Google Checkout increase/decrease conversion rates?
    Nigel
    Actinic user with history
    www.nigelsecostore.com

One issue that concerns me with these quick checkout options is that I am planning to divide the UK into regions, so that I can offer Interlink Express courier to UK mainland (where they have quoted a good price) and exclude this shipping method if the customer is in the Scottish Highlands, Islands, IOM, etc. I understand how to do this, and I understand how to make that address field a compulsory one in the Actinic checkout. However going via Google or PayPal fast checkouts is not going to be compatible with this, is it?

Hendrik

Comment

On the other hand, there are issues with the way GC handles UK VAT, so that you may find quite often that the amount paid does not match Actinic's calculated total by one or a few pence.

This results in a Payment Error on the Orders screen - you then have to make adjustments in the 'View Payments' tab to clear the order away. This became such a pain that we stopped using it.
      Paul
      Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Working...
      X