Google say I need an SSL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google say I need an SSL

I got this email today. The sending address was wmt-noreply@google.com so I am guessing its real?

I use Actinic payments so I think I dont need an SSL, but if search engines think I do it could be restricting traffic.

Has anyone else come across this. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

D

Dear Webmaster,

Your site, https://www.thebabystudio.co.uk/, uses an SSL certificate which
    is not recognized by web browsers. This will cause many web browsers to
    block users from accessing your site, or to display a security warning
    message when your site is accessed.

To correct this problem, please get a new SSL certificate from a
    Certificate Authority (CA) that is trusted by web browsers.

Thanks,

The Google Web Crawling Team

You do not need ssl. You do have one though and when you click on the link it says there is a problem with it. Unless you want it for some other reason I would remove it.

Comment

Thanks Duncan,

I dont recall every trying to obtain one. I use Actinic Payments so thought I didint need one.

Where will it be if I look for it on the site?

Many thanks

D

Comment

Go to network settings and remove the tick box that says use SSL, then upload the site.

Comment

Its not ticked in Business Settings, so the SSL tab is not there in Network Setup.

Comment

The SSL is nothing to do with Actinic but associated with your hosting.

Think its to do with your plesk control panel providing a secure method of access its UI.

Comment

Originally posted by I-CC View Post
              The SSL is nothing to do with Actinic but associated with your hosting.

Think its to do with your plesk control panel providing a secure method of access its UI.
              Could it be related to the last two posts on this Google Forum page, click the 'Expand All' button top right and scroll to the bottom.
              Paul
              Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Working...
              X