Looking to add Paypal Website Payments Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to add Paypal Website Payments Pro

We are currently testing out PayPal's Website Payments Pro. Yeah, I know it's not exactly well liked around here

Anyway, if I add it into the Payment section under Business Settings, everything goes good. I understand the customer does not need to enter their shipping details as PayPal obviously has this on file. However, it appears that since Actinic hasn't been told by the customer where it is being shipped, Actinic doesn't add shipping to the total being passed to PayPal since Actinic hasn't collected this information yet.

What am I missing in this equation?
    Thanks!

You might be better putting out an appeal first to see if there is anyone still using this non-compliant PSP. Or calling support.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Yeah, I figured this is sort of a longshot given the completely deserved acrimony the Actinic community (frankly ANY community) has toward it. My personal choice would be to stay away from it with a ten foot pole and just use normal old Paypal as a secondary method of payment; it's not quite my decision though.

Comment

Presumably your client knows the can of worms they're opening by insisting on this method? That they could be liable to £25k fines if things go wrong?
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

They were looking to use the Payflow method, which IS PCI compliant. They are merely testing out the different options for extra payments methods.

I think I have managed to skirt them away from it though for various reasons, so that's good!

Comment

Working...
          X