Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! quick merchant account/PSP needed

Hi,

Paypal have closed our account, just as our busy period has started. Don't know why, they won't tell us. We are a totally above board company and we are now left stranded. We've been processing about £1500 worth of orders a day and now our site is down. It's a disaster!!

Anyone have any quick PSP solutions that we can set-up in a few hours?

p.s. Nochex refused our application today, so I feel stuck. Have we been blacklisted by paypal???!!

Please heeelp!

Google checkout?
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

It doesn't solve the immediate problem but have you checked what it says against your credit rating with one of the commercial credit checking companies? The fact that Nochex have also turned you down suggest something strange lurking in the background.

If you post your company name, number and web address I will try to do the check for you and contact you privately with the results. Just a warning, I probably won't get back to you until tomorrow at the earliest.

Chris

Comment

Do you sell items that the PSP's might be against their acceptable use policies such as adult material, weapons, items related to drug use, etc
        Darren Guppy
        Golf Tee Warehouse
        Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

That was my thinking too.

Most of us have two psps in operation (paypal plus another) so we don't suffer if there's a problem with one of them.

Google checkout might be your best bet for a quick switch on but longer term you probably need to get two reliable psps up and running.

Out of interest, what is it you're selling?

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks for the replies, it's much appreciated.

The only thing i can think of is that we sell torches which are weapon mountable, and have some pictures of them on scopes and guns. Could this cause a problem?

We're using actinic catalog v8.5, so google checkout isn't an option that appears in the list of payment options, but if anyone know of a way of integrating it that would be great.

I've signed up for a merchant account with chipandpinsolutions.com this morning as they have a quick set-up time and signed up for Sagepay's e-commerce package.

Comment

Found out yesterday that Nochex refused us as they said that the items were high risk! At least we know we don't have a bad credit history!

Comment

Originally posted by angieb View Post
                We're using actinic catalog v8.5, so google checkout isn't an option
                You're now 3 versions behind, that's more than four years of software updates which you could benefit from. Why not use this hicccup as the kick you need to move on and up?
                Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

We're actually moving our shop over to a competitor, but it's a huge job. But yes, you're right, we will be using this break in sales to have a big push on development of the new site. It's definitely forced us to change PSP which is something we've been meaning to do and having worked it out we'll be saving quite a bit each month! I just wished we'd have done it sooner, then we could have had a nice seamless swap. Hey ho! Lesson learnt!

Admin: Competitor name removed

Comment

Just a thought, but why not ask your own business bank manager ....if you are turning over in excess of £500,000 a year I would of thought they would be on their bended knees canvasing the trade.

http://www.rainplay.co.uk/ ?
                    www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X