Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do with an order with a high 3rd Man score?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with an order with a high 3rd Man score?

Hi,

Some days ago we received an order (£220) which the 3rd Man gave a 'Red' indicator for with a score of +128 (we have only just started using Actinic Payments), the main problem seems to be with the fact that the card issuer is another country. I was going to risk it but when I emailed the customer just to advise the order would be delayed for a few days I got a very polite response saying that was fine and then she said she would like to order some more productson a second order, which she did....this time £350....large by our standards, so alarm bells are now ringing as it appears to me this is fraudulent and she's just grabbing more stock now she thinks we will ship the orders.

Can I ask what approach others here take when this happens? I'm thinking of writing to say the card payment has been declined (not strictly true I know) and offer her another payment method (another card or cheque or paypal etc), or simply email to say the order is cancelled? Any 'standard' emails out there which we could use?

Any thoughts/help much appreciated....many thanks.

Ian.
    http://thecandlelightcompany.co.uk
    http://thenaturallivingcompanyco.uk

Ultimately its a risk you need to determine yourself but from my experience I would never ship to a red 3rd man result.

If it was me I would cancel both orders and reverse any payments.

Can you afford the loss of goods and the charge back hassle?

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts Duncan, and yes of course I guess you are right when looking at it in the cold light of day (and removing that 'greed' light which switches on at times like this!). As you say, it would be £300 worth of goods down the pan plus all the hassle. I have written the following email and will see what she comes back with.

Thanks again.

Dear .......

Thank you for your two recent orders, order no’s AA65HU20007018 and AA65HU20007004.

Your orders are packed and ready for dispatch, however I regret to advise that whilst processing your credit card payment we received a high risk fraud warning from our card screening company. Owing to the nature of this warning we are unable to proceed with your order at this time and we have voided your current payment.

Please advise whether you wish to offer another card payment and if so please advise of a convenient time for us to call so we may take the new card details.

We also accept PayPal or cheque payments by post.

Kind regards......
      http://thecandlelightcompany.co.uk
      http://thenaturallivingcompanyco.uk

Comment

A payment via bank transfer would be the safest option.
        If the first card used was stolen there is a chance they have other stolen card details they could use as an alternative and a cheque could get bounced several weeks later (long after it appears to have cleared)

Did they have a CV2 match and was the card enrolled in 3D Secure, if so did it pass.

Edit: Just realised you said the card was registered overseas so you probably not have any 3D Secure protection and the address checks on overseas cards is often lacking.
        Darren Guppy
        Golf Tee Warehouse
        Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by Golf Tee Warehouse View Post
          If the first card used was stolen there is a chance they have other stolen card details they could use as an alternative and a cheque could get bounced several weeks later (long after it appears to have cleared)

Did they have a CV2 match and was the card enrolled in 3D Secure, if so did it pass.

Edit: Just realised you said the card was registered overseas so you probably not have any 3D Secure protection and the address checks on overseas cards is often lacking.

Both are from what looks like ex pats who are in foreign country the Austrtian said the following

CS56 (+15) CV2 Pass but a 3rd party delivery address has been given and the value is>£50

Comment

Originally posted by Golf Tee Warehouse View Post

Do I need ot refund them the mnoey or will it just be held forever by the system ??

Comment

Working...
            X