Global Payments (Realex Payments) Important changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by feemish View Post
    Wow Josh. 8 months since I asked the question about this, and you leave it to 4 weeks before the deadline to tell us you won't support the change. I think you probably knew this months ago.
    I appreciate this final response is close to the deadline. The decision was only recently made and we were not certain of whether or not we would support Realex. It was initially on our first draft of supported payment service providers, but after further review we changed that approach.

My experience suggests moving payment service provider can be completed within two weeks.

Josh Barling
    CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

josh.barling@sellerdeck.com

Comment

You are leaving hundreds of your customers in the lurch because you can’t be bothered to support what is one of the most respected payment gateways in the UK?

Wow. And it’s taken you the best part of a year to come up with this response? Mega wow.

I don’t want to move providers. I’ve been with Global previously HSBC for over a decade. Nothing else comes close in terms of UI, merchant support and reports.

What about those Sellerdeck users who are on holiday? Was this decision left until the “quiet” season in the hope it would be buried?

You owe it to us, the people who pay hundreds of pounds a year for support, to come up with a better explanation.
      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
        You are leaving hundreds of your customers in the lurch because you can’t be bothered to support what is one of the most respected payment gateways in the UK?

Wow. And it’s taken you the best part of a year to come up with this response? Mega wow.

I don’t want to move providers. I’ve been with Global previously HSBC for over a decade. Nothing else comes close in terms of UI, merchant support and reports.

What about those Sellerdeck users who are on holiday? Was this decision left until the “quiet” season in the hope it would be buried?

You owe it to us, the people who pay hundreds of pounds a year for support, to come up with a better explanation.

Thanks for your comments, I do take them on board.

There is a total of 43 Realex and Sellerdeck Desktop users. Of those there are 11 on the latest version (v18). The development required would be version specific and therefore any changes would have any been applied to v18 only. As a result around 32 users would have to upgrade version, which would require a contract and development effort. Less than a third of the users have a support contract and therefore would be forced to purchase a contract and upgrade. We believe that moving to a supported (and 3DSv2 compatible) PSP would be less effort and a lower cost.

You can continue to use Global Payments merchant services, I would encourage that.
        Josh Barling
        CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

Comment

The development required would be version specific.... 32 users would have to upgrade version
          If the only changes required are to file OCCRealexScriptTemplate.pl then that file is identical for SellerDeck V12 through V18. So any work done on V18 would be trivial to port to earlier versions.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

and if what Realex told me is correct, then the changes are minimal.

Thank you for your email.
            For the purposes of the changes to be made, they are simple and few as you yourself alluded to. For the purposes of HPP integration, what needs to be done are that several new mandatory fields must be sent as part of the POST data that will be used by the customer(cardholder)'s issuing bank to authenticated said customer as being who they say they are.
            Developer Hub:
            https://developer.globalpay.com/#!/hpp/3d-secure-two
            Mandatory Fields:
            <input type="hidden" name="HPP_VERSION" value="2">
            <input type="hidden" name="HPP_CUSTOMER_EMAIL" value="test@example.com">
            <input type="hidden" name="HPP_BILLING_STREET1" value="Flat 123">
            <input type="hidden" name="HPP_BILLING_STREET2" value="House 456">
            <input type="hidden" name="HPP_BILLING_STREET3" value="Unit 4">
            <input type="hidden" name="HPP_BILLING_CITY" value="Halifax">
            <input type="hidden" name="HPP_BILLING_POSTALCODE" value="W5 9HR">
            <input type="hidden" name="HPP_BILLING_COUNTRY" value="826">

and at least one of those

<input type="hidden" name="HPP_CUSTOMER_PHONENUMBER_MOBILE" value="44|789456123">
            <input type="hidden" name="HPP_CUSTOMER_PHONENUMBER_HOME" value="44|789456123">
            <input type="hidden" name="HPP_CUSTOMER_PHONENUMBER_WORK" value="44|789456123">
            Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Hi All,

Within the last 24 hours there has been an announcement from the FCA regarding PSD2, SCA and 3D Secure version 2.

The deadline of September 14th 2019 has been postponed for 18 months.

Please ignore our previous email, there is no longer a requirement to investigate whether your Payment Service Provider is or isn’t 3D Secure version 2 compatible.

With this change, Sellerdeck will be reviewing its position and engaging with its Payment Service Provider partners again. Now there is an extension we will engage with Realex again and discuss options, once we have decided on our approach we will share an update with you.

The current position of the FCA and payment industry lacks definition, once we have an update from our Payment Service Providers we will share relevant information, but for now and in the near future there is no action.

For further information please visit:
              https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/str...authentication
              https://www.fca.org.uk/news/press-re...authentication
              Josh Barling
              CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

Comment

speechless
                Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Barling View Post
                  With this change, Sellerdeck will be reviewing its position and engaging with its Payment Service Provider partners again [my emphasis]. Now there is an extension we will engage with Realex again [my emphasis] and discuss options, once we have decided on our approach we will share an update with you.
                  At what point did Sellerdeck *stop* "engaging" with its PSP partners?
                  Apart from Realex, which other PSPs did you stop talking to?
                  My view is that Sellerdeck dropped the ball massively despite repeated requests for updates, and there was a sudden panic with just a month to go.
                  The fact that Sellerdeck has now been let off the hook thanks to a decision taken elsewhere, is neither here nor there.
                  Sellerdeck needs actively to work not just with PSPs, but also with us.
                  Norman and Feemish have posted what sound to be an eminently plausible ways forward.
                  I would hope that Sellerdeck starts work on this now and doesn't leave it a further 17 months before telling us you've stopped "engaging".
                  Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

I think such a late statement by the FCA is surely indicative of the difficulties that Sellerdeck are under here. Can you imagine trying to deal with these companies and trying to get a straight answer out of them about to progress and proceed when each one is dealing with different Merchant account parties behind the scenes. Each of which has different agendas and systems and quality of IT system. TSB for example has more IT problems today. Personally I have not been looking forward to this deadline. The FCA statement talks about "The decision by the FCA avoids a payments cliff-edge, whereby 25-30% of e-commerce transactions made online after 14th September would have been at risk of failing". That is not a good position to be in. In my view Paypal and Sage are probably two of the more progressive PSP partners. With Sellerdeck Payments then presumably Sellerdeck have some clout in terms of coming to agreements. I agree that 3 partners seems small, but potentially they were 3 that had actually got the thing to work. The FCA would not cancel this unless the majority of some pretty major players were saying we can't get this to work, which possibly includes Global Payments.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidCP View Post
                      I think such a late statement by the FCA is surely indicative of the difficulties that Sellerdeck are under here. Can you imagine trying to deal with these companies and trying to get a straight answer out of them about to progress and proceed when each one is dealing with different Merchant account parties behind the scenes. Each of which has different agendas and systems and quality of IT system. TSB for example has more IT problems today. Personally I have not been looking forward to this deadline. The FCA statement talks about "The decision by the FCA avoids a payments cliff-edge, whereby 25-30% of e-commerce transactions made online after 14th September would have been at risk of failing". That is not a good position to be in. In my view Paypal and Sage are probably two of the more progressive PSP partners. With Sellerdeck Payments then presumably Sellerdeck have some clout in terms of coming to agreements. I agree that 3 partners seems small, but potentially they were 3 that had actually got the thing to work. The FCA would not cancel this unless the majority of some pretty major players were saying we can't get this to work, which possibly includes Global Payments.
                      I think you may have posted this on the wrong thread. But anyway. It's not the PSPs who write the integrations, they just provide all the relevant linking information for it to done. Its the Shopping carts themselves that write their own integrations to link their carts to PSPs. Sellerdeck have their own PSP (Sellerdeck Payments) and have made sure it satisfies 3DSv2. It's kind of obvious really that they would want to push all Sellerdeck users onto Sellerdeck Payments, as that's a revenue stream for them. If I was running Sellerdeck I'd probably want to do the same thing.They get nothing if we use Realex or NoChex or whoever. Would I do that though by not upgrading already present and used PSP integrations? It's a bit coercive.

When a lot of us chose Sellerdeck (or Actinic) as it was then, we were impressed by the amount of PSPs which were integrated. At the time 'Sellerdeck Payments' did not exist. Now it does, there is no incentive for Sellerdeck to build or upgrade other PSPs. The issue for Sellerdeck is that many of us now have long term relationships with those PSPs, good transaction rates etc and don't want to leave them.
                      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Do all the PSPs work in the same way when integrated into Sellerdeck Shopping Carts?
                        For instance with Sellerdeck Payments customer order amounts can only be authorised for payment on commitment by the retailer after download of an order.
                        This avoids payment being taken when goods are not readily available for immediate shipping or dealyed for any other reason.
                        Martin
                        Mantra Audio

Comment

Originally posted by Mantra View Post
                          Do all the PSPs work in the same way when integrated into Sellerdeck Shopping Carts?
                          For instance with Sellerdeck Payments customer order amounts can only be authorised for payment on commitment by the retailer after download of an order.
                          This avoids payment being taken when goods are not readily available for immediate shipping or dealyed for any other reason.
                          No.

If You look at 'Configure Method' for the PSP in Sellerdeck you should see the option to select 'Pre-authorise transactions' or 'Charge transactions immediately'.
                          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post

No.

If You look at 'Configure Method' for the PSP in Sellerdeck you should see the option to select 'Pre-authorise transactions' or 'Charge transactions immediately'.
                            Thank you for the clarification.
                            I asked the question because it was brought to my attention that an online business that was failing to fulfil orders over a period of weeks could not be contacted by telephone or respond to emails for whatever reason was still charging for online transactions.
                            The use of the 'Pre-authorise transactions' option should avoid situations like this occurring.
                            Martin
                            Mantra Audio

Comment

It does seem a rather odd thread to have posed the question on....

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Barling View Post
                                Hi All,

Within the last 24 hours there has been an announcement from the FCA regarding PSD2, SCA and 3D Secure version 2.

The deadline of September 14th 2019 has been postponed for 18 months.

Please ignore our previous email, there is no longer a requirement to investigate whether your Payment Service Provider is or isn’t 3D Secure version 2 compatible.

With this change, Sellerdeck will be reviewing its position and engaging with its Payment Service Provider partners again. Now there is an extension we will engage with Realex again and discuss options, once we have decided on our approach we will share an update with you.

The current position of the FCA and payment industry lacks definition, once we have an update from our Payment Service Providers we will share relevant information, but for now and in the near future there is no action.
                                Update see the link from Barclaycard below:

https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/busine...sd2-sca-update

The deadline for UK card issuers to comply with 3DS V2 has been extended to 14 September 2021, however, the deadline for the rest of the European Economic Area (EEA) remains 31 December 2020 so businesses that accept European Card payments should work towards this date.

Can Sellerdeck plan provide an update on progress towards compliance of PSPs by the EEA deadline?
                                Martin
                                Mantra Audio

Comment

Working...
                                X