Paypal Express Problem... again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal Express Problem... again?

Noticed something wrong on two orders...

Both overseas (different customers, different countries, different days), both paid by Paypal Express

The transfer of details worked for all the addresses, but the invoice name is wrong/different.

See attached images.
    - list of orders : see the problem
    - the order itself : see the name differences
    - the email confirmation : the salution name is wrong

I assume something wrong with the integration - transfer of the invoice name was wrong...
    - not every order... just these two

Note 1 : there are no "special" characters in the name/address - all regular alphabet abc etc...

Note 2 : I noticed it only affects two countries : Ukraine & Russia

Note 3 : I can see 40 with the problem sine June 2019 - could be more as folks here may have corrected some

Note 4 : Happen since I applied this fix for "special characters" during May 2019

https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...322#post551322

We are on v18.02 with some fixes applied...

Attached Files

I believe the 'fix' is included as standard in V18.04 so I'd suggest the best thing to do is upgrade as that will be official version of the fix and I wouldn't really expect Sellerdeck to investigate a workaround version of the scripts when an official fix exists.

UTF-8 data received by the scripts not handled correctly, SD-7783
    Of course if that doesn't fix it then it would probably be a bug and I'd expect Sellerdeck to investigate as usual.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Yes, I remember seeing something on the release notes for v18.04...

I will update prob this weekend and see what happens... we will have to wait for a customer from either one of those countries to order...

I assume the fix has not changed (unless someone has reported this to support) so I assume the fix itself is causing this new problem.

Comment

I assume the fix has not changed (unless someone has reported this to support) so I assume the fix itself is causing this new problem.
        Possibly, probably even probably. I think the only way to be sure though is to try and see.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Not updated yet, but just got this email via a sellerdeck site's web email form... it's full of DDDs... same weird character as the orders invoice name fields (from Ukraine, Russia, and recently discovered : Japan)...
          - concern here is it looks like SPAM, and it's gone past the reCapcha

These DDDs must be some type of encoding...
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X