Payment type depending on value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payment type depending on value

Is it possible to determine which payments are available depending on the value of the sale.

For instance I don’t want people to be able to use PayPal if their order exceeds £100.
    Jewellers in Maidstone

Rental Vila in Oludeniz

You could do this in JavaScript.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I get as irritated as anyone with PayPal's fee structure, but customers like PayPal, in my albeit limited experience it is the prefered payment method, and you'll gain more sales by offering it with out restrictions.... just my opinion of course.
      www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

The trouble is with PayPal is we tend to get a lot of orders with a mass of products for clients to pick, and then return.

With PayPal not refunding fees it makes these sales no longer viable. Recently we had a customer order 10 products and return 9. The fees from PayPal made the sale worthless to us. People only seem to take this approach with PayPal. If I could limit the amount spent on PayPal so only a set amount could be spent it would stop these customers from ordering so many items in one go.

It is strange that we do not see this behaviour with either Sagepay or Sellerdeck payments.

Unless we can apply a limit to PayPal, or they change their mind on not refunding fees then it is just not viable anymore.
        Jewellers in Maidstone

Rental Vila in Oludeniz

Comment

That's a fair point, and I agree. We sold an item on Ebay, it was paid for and order cancelled with in 12 minutes - no choice but to to refund and the whole thing completely out of our control cost us the PP fee. I was unaware of the change of Terms at the time - the email from PP arrived two weeks after PP changed their policy.

PP have a forum and this policy has not gone down well, especially with the Ebay tie in. https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/.../1806028#M9826

I guess most gateways are the same, but if we issue a refund in our shop through the machine, World Pay also take a fee, albeit much less than PP

Difficult situation for you, good luck. (I'd bin PP as an option from what you have said)
          www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

If you wanted to do this in javascript the cart summary includes the cart total and the number of items being bought so it would be relatively easy in javascript to remove paypal as a payment option if the order was over £100 and more than 5 items (for example).

There are some examples of code to remove options dynamically in this thread https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...ipping-options . These were done for shipping but should give you an idea of how you'd do it.

Comment

Hi Mike,

Many thanks for that, although I wouldn't have a clue with javascript. I would wreck the site.

I was hoping for something within the settings, or paypal account settings. I remember Nochex had something like this years ago.
              Jewellers in Maidstone

Rental Vila in Oludeniz

Comment

There's nothing built in to sellerdeck that could do this so it would need some custom coding to work. Norman https://community.sellerdeck.com/member/88-normanrouxel develops tools for sellerdeck and writes code professionally so you could always approach him and see what he would charge to do this for you. It wouldn't be an enormous job.

Comment

Put the following into the bottom of layout Order 02 Bulk Area RWD
                  Code:
                  <script type="text/javascript">
                  $(document).ready(function(){
                      var total = $( "#idCartHeadingTotal").text().replace(/[^\d\.]/g, '') - 0;
                      if ( total >= 100 )
                          {
                          $( "#idPAYMENTMETHOD" ).find( "option:contains(PayPal)" ).remove();
                          }
                  });
                  </script>
                  Tested on SellerDeck 2018.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
                    There's nothing built in to sellerdeck that could do this so it would need some custom coding to work. Norman https://community.sellerdeck.com/member/88-normanrouxel develops tools for sellerdeck and writes code professionally so you could always approach him and see what he would charge to do this for you. It wouldn't be an enormous job.
                    He's also extremely proficient and very helpful!

Plus he makes it look so simple I keep thinking I ought be able to do that.

Comment

Many thanks Mike for your help, and many many thanks for this Norman. We will try this out.
                      Jewellers in Maidstone

Rental Vila in Oludeniz

Comment

Working...
                      X