PayPal commerce platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal commerce platform

I had a call from my PayPal account manager this morning (something I never knew I had) and the lady was telling me about PayPal commerce platform, it being cheaper for us than the PayPal we currently use.

Anyway she sent the link to have a read https://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/paypal-commerce-platform/ - it says available from 18.0.5, but download page says 18.0.4 is latest version.

Is 18.0.5 pending and PP one step ahead, or am I just not understanding ?
    www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

I think you can read into that that the existing Paypal integration will only continue as it is for current and legacy releases. Future releases, 18.0.5 onwards, and the supported release minus one 16.0.7, will only have the newer Paypal Commerce integration. Sellerdeck to confirm mind.

EDIT: Almost correct - see below...

Comment

Hi All,

We'll be sending an email out tomorrow with more information, PayPal are eager to promote the new integration.

We are just finishing some pilots and then will be releasing the versions which will be publicly available.

All PayPal integrations will be available in v18.0.5 and v16.0.7. The subsequent versions will have the legacy PayPal integrations removed as the new PayPal Commerce Platform integration will be the recommended integration moving forward.
      Josh Barling
      CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

josh.barling@sellerdeck.com

Comment

We dropped paypal when they stopped refunding fees when we refund a customer.

Does this new system refund fees?
        Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
        Zirconium Rings
        Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby View Post
          We dropped paypal when they stopped refunding fees when we refund a customer.

Does this new system refund fees?
          When PayPal rang me yesterday I had a good moan about this policy, (and the 30p) ...... In a follow up email I was asked these two questions

I can reach out and see if there is anything we can do with the refund fees for you if that would help?

Would you re-activate eBay if they were removed?

I have no idea if one is conditional on the other, but I am going to see if there is a possibility of removing refund fees which are simply unfair. Done with Ebay mind.....

1.2% and 30p is better than what PayPal currently charge us, so I will be signing up to it when it becomes available, We used to run Sellerdeck Payments alongside PayPal, but it was irritatingly obvious that our customers preferred PayPal.

Comment

Hi Jason,

I've reached out to our contact at PayPal and he has recommended speaking with PayPal directly as your question is outside of the technical implementation and related to your PayPal account.

Thanks,
            Josh
            Josh Barling
            CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

Comment

This morning 18.0.5 and 16.0.7 are showing as available to download - http://portal.sellerdeck.co.uk/index...merce-software, but the download function is not working for me, just returns

PAGE NOT FOUND
              We are sorry, but for some reason we cannot find the page you have requested.
              If you would like to return to the customer portal home page, CLICK HERE

edit - available from 7th September just been told

Comment

Its just a place holder at the moment, while we finish the latest build. There was a last minute bug we found which requires a new build thats currently underway.

It will be ready on Monday and we'll send an email once its been uploaded.

Josh
                Josh Barling
                CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Barling View Post
                  Hi Jason,

I've reached out to our contact at PayPal and he has recommended speaking with PayPal directly as your question is outside of the technical implementation and related to your PayPal account.

Thanks,
                  Josh
                  Many thanks Josh.

I did contact them in May but it was along the lines of accept the change or you have a choice to close the account. In all honesty though we have not seen a downturn in orders without Paypal, and Sellerdeck payments is better anyway. It was only the 1.2% and if there was a change to the refund policy that would tempt us back.
                  Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                  Zirconium Rings
                  Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

I tried to install this last night and failed - downloaded 18.0.5 and installed, fixed windows update issue and was on a roll

But PayPal Commerce does not appear to be in the dropdown list as an option - I contacted PP and they confirm this is what it's called. There is "PayPal cards" anyone know if this would be correct selection ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	payment-options-drop-down.jpg
Views:	816
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	552938

Comment

The correct selection should just be "PayPal" in this instance. There is information on this in the help guide if required - see below:

1. Select ‘Business Settings’ from the Sellerdeck ‘Settings’ menu

2. Select the ‘Payment and Security’ tab

3. Click the [+] icon under ‘Payment Methods’; then select ‘PayPal’ from the ‘Payment Method’ drop-down menu.
                      and: -

Taking card payments via PayPal
                      If you also want to use your PayPal Commerce Server account to take card payments, then add another Payment Method to the grid, selecting ‘PayPal (Cards)’ from the drop-down:
                      You can find this in 'Help | Help Topics | Contents | Taking Payment | How do Payment Service Providers Work?' under the title 'Enabling PayPal Commerce Platform with Sellerdeck Desktop'.

Comment

Ah, right. So you'd set up two instances of payment options so the customer can choose which option they want at checkout.

i.e. One for Paypal payments and another for Credit / Debit Cards (even though the cards are being processed by paypal).

That makes sense to me. If I'm understanding it correctly.

PS. Regarding the charges. As I understand it, payments made using paypal as the 'source' will still be charged the same paypal fees as usual. It's only the payments made by card that attract the lower payment fees.
                        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post

PS. Regarding the charges. As I understand it, payments made using paypal as the 'source' will still be charged the same paypal fees as usual. It's only the payments made by card that attract the lower payment fees.
                          That is how I understood it also.

Does beg question why PP would be promoting a tariff 1% lower to customers who are happily using normal PayPal, like wise I wonder how many paying now with PayPal actually use a PayPal balance to fund a purchase as opposed to a card ? If most folk pay with a debit / credit card then the existing PayPal check out is not needed.

Edit - in the help 'Enabling PayPal Commerce Platform with Sellerdeck Desktop'. It does say

PayPal Commerce Platform replaces the four legacy methods for taking payments with PayPal: ‘PayPal Website Payments’, ‘PayPal Website Payments Pro’, ‘PayPal Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution’ & ‘PayPal Express Checkout’.

Comment

I have to admit the whole process is a bit confusing.

As I understand it, the payment goes into your paypal account rather than a merchant account which means the payment is made to paypal rather than to the retailer. So how that will appear on the card bill isn't clear. Also what happens with chargebacks and Section 75 liability? Presumably paypal indemnifies themselves against us in the terms and conditions. It's all a bit unclear at the moment and talking to the people at paypal didn't help much.

Comment

A big thumbs up to G.W Green for the new knowledge base article on the Paypal Ecommerce Platform and how to set it up here:

https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...merce-platform

It looks pretty comprehensive and easy to understand.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X