Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pay360 discontinuing their legacy SecPay platform on 01/09/21

Hi all,

I have received an email from Pay360, stating that they be discontinuing their legacy SecPay platform on 1st September 2021. Instead, we are invited to upgrade to their 'Advanced Payments Platform', with no increase in charges to do so.

Can anybody advise please what is needed to be done?

I have attached an FAQ PDF which Pay360 enclosed with their email. They also provided a link to the Developer Documents section of their website (although when you view that, it's not immediately obvious where to look - I had to do a search for 'Advanced Payments' in order to bring up some articles, all of which I have no idea what to do with).

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by MrsBee View Post
    Hi all,

I have received an email from Pay360, stating that they be discontinuing their legacy SecPay platform on 1st September 2021. Instead, we are invited to upgrade to their 'Advanced Payments Platform', with no increase in charges to do so.

Can anybody advise please what is needed to be done?

I have attached an FAQ PDF which Pay360 enclosed with their email. They also provided a link to the Developer Documents section of their website (although when you view that, it's not immediately obvious where to look - I had to do a search for 'Advanced Payments' in order to bring up some articles, all of which I have no idea what to do with).

Thanks.
    Thanks for your post hopefully you can get feedback on your situation.

Sellerdeck recommend using a supported payment gateway, of which there are a few to choose from. For more information please visit - https://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/support...ice-providers/

Its easy to switch payment gateway and can save a lot of problems and cost if there are integration issues in the future.

Thanks,
    Josh
    Josh Barling
    CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

josh.barling@sellerdeck.com

Comment

I was just about to post the same topic as we're in a similar boat. I might be wrong but I can't see any integration for the Pay360 "Advanced Payments" platform. I guess someone with the time/ability could re-purpose the old SecPay integration, maybe.. maybe not.

Comment

Thank you both for your replies.

Josh, regarding the Pay360 migration - just out of curiosity, is that something which needs to be implemented within the Sellerdeck software itself, or is it something which can be achieved by a web designer/reseller?

Comment

Thank you both for your replies.

Josh, regarding the Pay360 migration - just out of curiosity, is that something which needs to be implemented within the Sellerdeck software itself, or is it something which can be achieved by a web designer/reseller?
          Payment gateway integrations can only be developed by Sellerdeck and they are typically 60 day projects. Once Sellerdeck has developed a payment gateway integration it will be native within Sellerdeck Desktop (in the appropriate version), with a control panel to configure.

We wont be developing an integration with Pay360 and their new offering, as we already have a number of high quality integrations with popular providers.

I recommend switching to one on our recommended and supported list, this can include PayPal Commerce Platform as they now offer an 'unbranded' card capturing solution using an iframe within the checkout.

Setting up a new payment gateway is really easy, follow these steps:

- Contact the payment gateway provider and create an account
          - Get MIDs from your merchant provider that will work with the new payment gateway (typically takes 10 working days)
          - Provide MIDs to the payment gateway for completion of setup (typically takes up to 5 working days)
          - Add payment method in Sellerdeck Desktop - which is a quick and easy process
          - Sellerdeck Support can help with the configuration of the payment gateway

If you decide that Sellerdeck Payments is your preferred option, then please contact our customer services team on 01932 358350 and they will guide you through this entire process.

Thanks,
          Josh
          Josh Barling
          CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

Comment

Thank you for the info. Can you tell me more about PayPal's unbranded solution please - are there any Sellerdeck guides I should refer to, and maybe an example Sellerdeck site I could see which uses this method?

I already have a merchant account with PayPal and my website currently offers the 'PayPal Website Payments' payment method (as well as Pay360/SecPay). For the unbranded solution, would I need to select one of the other PayPal payment methods in 'Business Settings | Payment & Security'?

I just noticed that in addition to 'PayPal Website Payments' and 'PayPal Express Checkout', there are four other PayPal payment methods to choose from: 'PayPal Website Payments Pro', 'PayPal Website Payments Pro Hosted Solutions', 'PayPal', and 'PayPal (Cards)'.

Comment

Thank you for the info. Can you tell me more about PayPal's unbranded solution please - are there any Sellerdeck guides I should refer to, and maybe an example Sellerdeck site I could see which uses this method?

I already have a merchant account with PayPal and my website currently offers the 'PayPal Website Payments' payment method (as well as Pay360/SecPay). For the unbranded solution, would I need to select one of the other PayPal payment methods in 'Business Settings | Payment & Security'?

I just noticed that in addition to 'PayPal Website Payments' and 'PayPal Express Checkout', there are four other PayPal payment methods to choose from: 'PayPal Website Payments Pro', 'PayPal Website Payments Pro Hosted Solutions', 'PayPal', and 'PayPal (Cards)'.

There is more information on the PayPal Commerce Platform integration here - https://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/paypal-commerce-platform/

We have a couple pilot customers using this and other customers who have recently upgraded, however I wouldn't want to link their sites within this post without their permission; as I doubt they would appreciate the fake orders.

In summary, there is an option you would select in the checkout which would then generate an iframe (on the same page) with fields for card data to be entered.

There are many PayPal integrations currently, however moving forward the only options will be PayPal and PayPal (Cards). The PayPal (Cards) option is the unbranded card gateway.

You'll need to speak with PayPal on setting up the right account, there is a link within the software (configure method in PayPal) which takes you through the online onboard journey.

Thanks,
              Josh
              Josh Barling
              CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

Comment

Thanks. I'll give it some thought. I could drop SecPay altogether and just use my existing PayPal method. Or I might look into getting a replacement provider for SecPay as I know there are consumers who, for one reason or another, generally prefer not to use PayPal.

Comment

Working...
                X