Paypal Commerce Duplicate Payment Authorisations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal Commerce Duplicate Payment Authorisations

Since setting up and implementing Paypal Commerce we noticed when an order is downloaded it usually came in with multiple payment authorisations. We have checked the paypal transactions and we are definitely only taking one amount of money relating to the order.
    Just asking if anyone else has seen the same pattern?

For now we have had to roll back to using paypal express (for a separate issue) and now back to seeing a 1 to 1 ration of orders to payment authorisations.

We had the same and it is annoying as we used the download progress as a way of matching orders and payments to check if there was an issue. They feed into one order and this is our reply from support on this issue.

"This is working as designed I'm afraid its part of the new integration the payment will reconcile once downloaded into the software and there will be one entry if your click into the view payments button within the payments tab of the order"

Comment

Thanks for confirming that you are experiencing this as well. We also had a similar response from support, i just wanted to ensure it wasn't just us that had noticed this.

"The counters are of no significance.

Payment Service Provider (PSP) integrations have evolved over the years. In the early days a PSP sent one payment confirmation for an online payment and that was all, so there was usually a 1-to-1 relationship between orders and authorisations.

Now there are additional payment updates for some PSPs and as the server does not track orders, these are recorded by the server and passed to the desktop where duplicates are detected and ignored.

There is nothing magical or underhand, it is just the way integrations work these days. The benefit to the merchant is that the payment authorisations are less likely to be lost due to network failures and, for some PSPs reflect changes made directly to transactions via your PSP account."

Comment

I've just had this happen with V18.0.6 using paypal standard..

Two payments from paypal downloaded and now it shows excessive payment received. I've checked in paypal and there's only one payment there and both payments in sellerdeck have the same authorisation reference so it has to be the 'multiple payment confirmation' thing at work.

here's no way of cancelling either of the payments in 18.0.6 so I'm going to have to enter a new credit to balance it off which is going to look odd on the printed receipt.
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

OK. I've deleted the second payment record from the Payment History table and then viewing payments from within Sellerdeck resets the Excessive Payment Received flag.

I really don't like messing with the database in this way because you never quite know what the full implications are and whether there might be any unforeseen consequences . So far it seems to be OK.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

My 18.06 is ok...so far
            https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Just for the record I had the same problems. Its not all the time just had the one. I have had it in the past too. On 18.1 and Swift with PayPal ecommerce. I put in a support ticket and am still waiting for development. I have now deleted the extra payments.
              Phil Howell
              Director
              Intuition Un Ltd
              www.turmerlicious.com A range of delicious Turmeric Latte's #veryaddictive

Also
              Awarding winning publishers of Natal Hypnotherapy™, the UK's leading provider of hypnosis for conception, pregnancy and child birth having helped over 100,000 women through antenatal courses and self hypnosis CDs
              www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk Hypnobirthing in English
              www.natalhypnotherapy.fr Hypnobirthing in french
              www.hypnobirthingclass.online Online antenatal training

Comment

Working...
              X