SD Payments by Opayo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SD Payments by Opayo

Has anyone got Sellerdeck Payments by Opayo up and running yet - V16.1.1 or V18.1.1?
    Martin
    Mantra Audio

Yes, I've had it running for a couple of weeks on v18.1.1.

It's working fine except that, contrary to what the KB article says, the fraud score doesn't appear in the Order History window (accessed via the View Payments button on an order's Payments tab) - it always shows as zero. However, the status and rules display as they should, and the fraud score (expressed as a percentage) is accessible when I log into the Opayo admin site.

John
    John Ennals
    www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

John, so are you saying the fraud score doesn’t show in the software, and you have to login to Opayo to check?
      Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
      Zirconium Rings
      Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Originally posted by John Ennals View Post
        It's working fine except that, contrary to what the KB article says, the fraud score doesn't appear in the Order History window (accessed via the View Payments button on an order's Payments tab) - it always shows as zero. However, the status and rules display as they should, and the fraud score (expressed as a percentage) is accessible when I log into the Opayo admin site.

John
        Has that been reported to SD support John?
        Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
        SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
        Based in rural Northants

Comment

Goz- I will report it today.

Jason- yes, the score always appears as zero, although the traffic lights and rules appear as they should. Two examples below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Opayo examples.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	554457

The KB article https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...ments-by-opayo definitely says there should be a score:

Click image for larger version

Name:	OpayoKB.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	554458

John Ennals
          www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for raising this. We are actively investigating a solution.
            Bruce Townsend
            Ecommerce Product Manager
            Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Yes, I've had it running for a couple of weeks on v18.1.1.

It's working fine .....

John
              Thank you for the response.

Is the customer transferred to another SSL site when an order is confirmed using SD Payments by Opayo - if so what is the URL of the site you are directed to?

Martin
              Mantra Audio
              Martin
              Mantra Audio

Comment

Martin

Yes, the customer is transferred to the secure Opayo (formerly SagePay) server to enter their card details and complete the payment. I imagine the URL will be particular to each vendor account. The Opayo payment page is still branded SagePay, because customers love inconsistency and confusion when submitting their card details on line. But you can add your own logo to the Opayo/SagePay payment page, which I suppose gives a bit of continuity.

John
                John Ennals
                www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

John, note that (unless you change it) the payment option in the checkout is simply 'Credit or Debit Card'. I don't think customers see the Opayo brand, so there shouldn't be any inconsistency or confusion from their point of view, though I understand it's a bit confusing on the merchant side. Hopefully Opayo will update the branding eventually.
                  Bruce Townsend
                  Ecommerce Product Manager
                  Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Bruce,

Is this just a problem with John’s site, or is it an issue for everyone who upgrades?
                    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                    Zirconium Rings
                    Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

I don't think customers see the Opayo brand
                      Bruce - that's true! I created the problem myself by putting the Opayo logo on the website. Doh!
                      John Ennals
                      www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

Martin

Yes, the customer is transferred to the secure Opayo (formerly SagePay) server to enter their card details and complete the payment. I imagine the URL will be particular to each vendor account.
                        Thanks, John

Is your site Sellerdeck hosted and if not Sellerdeck hosted did you encounter any "invalid 4020: information received from an invalid IP address" complications that needed to be resolved fo SD by Opayo to function satisfactorily?

Martin

Martin
                        Mantra Audio

Comment

Martin,

My site is hosted by Teclan, who have over 20 years' experience of Sellerdeck/Actinic (and are very approachable and helpful), and I had no problems with the "invalid 4020" error. However, if you do encounter the error it is a fairly simple matter to set up the alternative IP address(es) by logging into Opayo account maintenance. The IP address should be readily available from your host, as SagePay is widely used.

I should add that my impression of SD Payments by Opayo/SagePay so far is very good compared with SD Payments by NMI. The fraud screening feels stronger, despite the glitch mentioned above, and there is more information if you want to drill down into a particular transaction: for example, it will help identify the reason for an abandoned basket by distinguishing between a payment that was deliberately aborted and one which simply timed out.

John
                          John Ennals
                          www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

Martin,

My site is hosted by Teclan, who have over 20 years' experience of Sellerdeck/Actinic (and are very approachable and helpful), and I had no problems with the "invalid 4020" error. However, if you do encounter the error it is a fairly simple matter to set up the alternative IP address(es) by logging into Opayo account maintenance. The IP address should be readily available from your host, as SagePay is widely used.
                            Thanks again, John

Did your host specifically advise the IP address to use for SagePay and is this different to your website IP address?

I have encountered an issue with the "invalid 4020" error which did not clear when I added the IP address for our shop site, however Opayo advised the IP address(es) for two invalid transactions sent when Opayo was configured in test mode.

I added these two IP addresses that are different to our shop site IP address and this seems to have fixed the "invalid 4020" error so I have refreshed the website with Opayo running live in production mode alongside SD Payments by NMI until satisifed that Opayo functions satisfactorily as advised by Sellerdeck.

Our site is hosted by Claranet and they have advised that the IP address(es) in question "do not appear in the DNS nor are related to Claranet" and I have subsequently requested that they double check and re-confirm.

Does your Opayo include any IP address(es) like 81.171.###.###?

I downloaded a few orders after refreshing but none by Opayo payment method as yet which is perhaps not surprising as SD Payment by NMI is first on the list so I have re-ordered the list so that Opay is first - waiting now for orders with payments by Opayo.

Martin
                            Last edited by Mantra; 19-Aug-2021, 08:09 AM. Reason: Para 2 & 4 edits
                            Martin
                            Mantra Audio

Comment

In my case, the payment request is sent from same IP address as my website server, so Opayo worked straight away without me having to contact my hosting company. I can see a few other IP addresses set up on my Opayo, which seem to be related to Sellerdeck/Sage/testing and which I'm not going to touch unless somebody tells me to, in case I break it.

I added the SDP by Opayo payment type to my website in live mode, bought something (cheap!) from my website with my own credit card, then disabled the SDP by Opayo payment type again until the payment reached my bank account. Once that had happened I re-enabled SDP by Opayo and disabled SDP by NMI.

John
                              John Ennals
                              www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X