PayPal & PSD2;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal & PSD2;

We have had numerous PayPal transactions that have failed in the last few weeks due to PayPal's PSD2 implementation & over capture, I imagine that others may be the same.

Has anyone found an effective workaround for this other than removing the PayPal Checkout buttons & forcing PayPal customers through the full checkout process?

Thanks.

Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

We are in communication with PayPal about this issue, but don't have a fix for it yet. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be something that can be fixed from our side alone.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Thanks - I've got an open ticket on it, I'm a bit surprised that there are no other comments on it as it's a fairly significant issue.

Comment

We use PayPal solely and so far have not noticed anything - how is this problem affecting transactions please?
        https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

We use the PayPal Checkout button & offer multiple shipping services (Inc.international), so are reliant on PayPal providing the customer address details before presenting the relevant shipping options.

Part of PSD2 is that "The final transaction amount cannot be higher than the authenticated amount", so the additional charge for delivery is classified as "over capture" which may cause the transaction to fail. As far as I know there are certain initial allowance being made which compare the over capture value to the original transaction value & if it's X% or more, declines payment. The allowance means that at the moment it's smaller value orders (where the shipping % is higher) that are mainly (but not exclusively) failing.

You appear to offfer a fix shipping fee which is presented before transfer to PayPal, so you should be immune.

Edit:- I'm NO expert, but this is my understanding of the situation

Comment

Thanks for asking the question Ed, I was wondering the same thing myself. And thanks for the explanation Martin, I now understand the problem and why it's not affecting me either.
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thank you, I see, we have fixed shipping and only ship to the UK so it seems for once saved from this particular issue, hope it gets resolved.
              https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

It's a bit of a bind for us to be honest.

Our combination of products (weight, volume, LQDG's & destinations) don't easily allow flat rate shipping, removing the PayPal Checkout button & forcing customers through the full checkout is a backwards move & I'm not a fan of explanatory notes on site (if it needs explaining it's broken).

For others that may be experiencing similar issues, it's my understanding that the over capture allowance will be decreased over time, causing declines to increase, with the allowance eventually being nil. It's pretty infuriating to know that we are currently losing sales & encouraging customers to go elsewhere.

Comment

Hi All,

Thank you for sharing your experiences and opinions. PayPal are very much aware of this issue and are actively supporting us on finding a resolution, which we'll release as soon as possible. We understand the severity and so do PayPal, but I will also pass on your comments to our Partner Manager at PayPal

I know a few of you have open tickets and you'll receive updates through that.

Thanks, Josh.
                  Josh Barling
                  CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

josh.barling@sellerdeck.com

Comment

Working...
                  X