PayPal (some) payments not downloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal (some) payments not downloading

We are having two issues with PayPal (cards) - order email notification and order downloading as normal into pending payment - no email from PayPal confirming the order / payment, but the payment is sat in our PayPal account, so I added it manually to complete order - any idea if this is a Sellerdeck issue, PayPal issue or other ?

Second issue is several (not all) failed orders when PayPal (cards) is showing as payment method - order notification, order downloads but goes into pending, I have contacted customers when this happens and they have said that after filling in card details the page freezes.

I have raised a ticket, but just wondered if anyone else has experienced either ? Common denominator seems to be when people select PayPal (cards) checkout, not the full PayPal checkout.
    www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

I get more PayPal card failures but I think at least in part that is expected It requires more input from customers and more accurately entered, I often see a few attempts from a single customer then they get there. That leads me to think they didn't have all the relevant required info to hand.
    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Like Ed, I get more failures with PayPal cards and often multiple attempts to order.

When I download orders, SD tells me that there are two payments for each order, despite only one as one would expect showing when I log in to PayPal. I've learned to live with this as it seems a minor point. Does everyone get this or is it just me?

Comment

I recently raised a ticket which remains open.

Last night an order downloaded following email notification and PP notification of payment - all in the normal way, then

This morning email notification of anothe order and PP payment - download, but order is in the pending payment tab, check our PP account and we've been paid, it's just a faff checking everything when it should be automated as designed.

My / this download issue is intermitent, but the number of failed PP transactions that go into the pending tab with no payment is proportionally high, and more than I recall before adding the PayPal cards checkout.

Comment

I get the odd downloading payments which outnumber the orders and actual payments, I did raise a ticket which support explained was normal and unavoidable but I cannot quite see that...but does no harm other than to my OCD.
          Mine did however have a real fit when I had to change PC after a hard drive died. It got in a real mess synching and some orders with payments showed no payments but obviously all showed logging in to PayPal.
          SInce then I do not have automatic order downloading on, slightly less convenient but avoids that kind of mess.
          Remember IE will not work with PayPal card payments on the commerce platform, and enforcement of AVS ect will always cause orders without payments in the pending screen.

Comment

Originally posted by mje View Post

Second issue is several (not all) failed orders when PayPal (cards) is showing as payment method - order notification, order downloads but goes into pending, I have contacted customers when this happens and they have said that after filling in card details the page freezes.
            I have tried ordering with my own Debit (Nat West ) and Credit card (Mastercard) selecting PayPal Cards, and both rejected by PayPal

It's been surgested to change the PayPal cards "3D not enforced" and "Card 3DS un-enrolled" settings in "configure method" from reject card to accept liability

Bit reluctant to do this, any thoughts ?

Comment

Nothing useful to add, just moaning really, but PayPal is frankly driving me daft at the moment. Every morning I've got a sea of PSP Pending PayPal transactions to sift through which is a daily burden that didn't exist before "PayPal Checkout".

PSP Pending transactions that appear to be duplicates of some sort - customers unaware of any issues or multiple payment attempts & a successful order in Pending.
              PSP Pending transactions that have failed due to over capture, often multiple attempts, sometimes a final successful order, often not.
              PSP Pending transactions that should be there (customer bugged out or unable to fund).
              Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Comment

Hopefully following a remote session my issues are appear to be solved for now.

Sumiya said that following upgrade some of the PayPal code was duplicated - she wiped it and is hopefull this has fixed it, I just placed a small order using my previously declined debit card and that all processed normally.

I estimate 7 out of 10 orders were having an issue, so shouldn't be too long to see if it's fixed it.

Comment

I personally would leave any enforcement in place, I have for sure.

Comment

Working...
                  X