Move PayPal buttons from Cherckout 0 to Checkout 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Move PayPal buttons from Cherckout 0 to Checkout 1

Client is concerned that having the PayPal button on Checkout 0 means that shipping will not be added.

He wasnts me to move the PayPal button from Cherckout 0 to Checkout 1. I have had a go at this but it seems not to work.

I suspect that the shipping is carried to the PayPal checkout, can anyone please confirm this?

Thank you
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

I'm probably oblivious to the issue but as far as I can see on my site shipping is visible at every stage of the checkout.
    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

We removed the PayPal Checkout buttons from Checkout 0 & 1 to ensure that shipping charges were passed to PayPal. Without the shipping charges being included in the transaction total the rate of failed transactions was pretty high, especialy on lower value orders (PSD2).

Flat rate shipping is a possible answer, but doesn't suit us & the loss of "Express" & "Checkout" style customer detail pre-filling feels like going back in time by 10 years & no doubt loses customers. I imagine that a rearrangement of checkout layout & order would resolve or improve this, but this is somewhat beyond our abilities.

Support indicated that a resoultion was in the pipeline, but I'm guessing that it got lost out of the hole in Nordstream
      Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Comment

Thank you Martin - is this before after PayPal Commerce Platform? Where do you put the PayPal Buttons?

Jonathan Chappell
        Website Designer
        SellerDeck Website Designer
        Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
        Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Apologies for the late reply.

This is on 18.1 with PayPal Commerce / Checkout, PayPal is only on Checkout 2 now (corrected my earlier response now) & via payment radio buttons as it was prior to PayPal Express, so no yellow PayPal button anymore.
          Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Comment

Working...
          X