SellerdeckPay - UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SellerdeckPay - UK

Just had a long session with support on an issue... during troubleshooting... the country "UK - United Kingdom" was changed to "United Kingdom"

I don't have the transcript... but basically I asked : if this was the problem, do I have to change some EU ones as I've added "(EU)" to some countries...
    ...the response was that :

SellerdeckPay only works for UK cards

Is this right?

I can't find anything on this...
    The nearest is on the marketing page it shows an FAQ question "How do I accept multi-currency" with the answer:
    "Currently, settlement is in GBP only. However, if you have a multi-currency requirement, please reach out to your Sellerdeck Account Manager who will connect you with a ClearAccept agent to discuss solutions."

We only trade in GBP, so we don't need multi currency, but our overseas customers must be able to pay
    (usually charged in GBP and amount gets converted by their card issuer to their own currency)

No, SellerdeckPay works fine with cards issued in other countries. Since switching to SellerdeckPay I've had payments with cards issued in countries including Australia, Thailand, Hungary, Chile, Arab Emirates and Austria. In fact, I find that ClearAccept seems much less prone to declining perfectly valid cards from other countries than Opayo or NMI.

Transactions have to be in GBP unless you've arranged otherwise, which I suppose would only apply if you traded in another currency and showed prices in that currency on your website.

John
    John Ennals
    www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

No. I have international customers who have ordered since moving to SD Pay. They pay in GBP and their card issuer (I think) converts it to their home currency.
      Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
      SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
      Based in rural Northants

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by the country being changed from "UK - United Kingdom". But if you mean the name - your country names and codes must follow the ISO-3166 standard, http://www.iso.org/iso/country_codes.htm. Otherwise you will have issues with some payment systems. The default names and codes in Sellerdeck Desktop all comply with this standard.
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Thanks all, good to hear non UK cards are ok.

Originally posted by brucet View Post
          I'm not sure what you mean by the country being changed from "UK - United Kingdom".
          Support was troubleshooting the error message we were having and was going through 1 change at a time...
          one of them was the country name (support thought country name might cause the problem)...
          eg. another was reverting OrderScript.pl to default as we change the code for the construction of the order number (support thought order number not matching might cause the problem)...

Our country codes themselves follow Paypal's... I did recently checked and noticed Paypal has China as C2 and I can see it under Locale as both C2 and CN

Comment

Working...
          X