SellerdeckPay - Refund Transaction Record Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SellerdeckPay - Refund Transaction Record Problem

When a refund is made it is not recorded on the date the refund was made against the Merchant Transaction ID on the ClearAccept Transaction List and can only be found as a Related Transaction entry by clicking the link to view the original Authorised Transaction detail record.

This causes a problem with reconciliation of funding totals due to refund amounts not showing in the transaction listing by date which can be days or weeks after the original transaction authorisation date.
    Martin
    Mantra Audio

Hi Martin. Does that happen in the Sellerdeck reconciliation report or the ClearAccept Portal? Or both?
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Hi Bruce

I made a couple of small value test orders using a VISA Debit and Mastercard Credit card on 12 May to see how these appeared pre and post authorisation on my statements and subsequently authorised refunds post authorisation on 16 May.

The transaction amounts were shown correctly on the Sellerdeck Payments reconciliation record statements for the respective transaction dates and I can now see that they are incorporated on the ClearAccept Portal Transaction List corresponding to the Funding Date total for the transaction date when the refunds were authorised but not on the ClearAccept Portal Authorisation List for that date.

I had a problem when first setting up ClearAccept not knowing that the view could be configured to show Merchant Transaction ID and I consider that should have been pre-configured as a default setting in the absence of any set up instructions or guidance.

I could not initially see what the difference was between the ClearAccept Portal Authorisations and Transactions Lists but now that the Lists are more populated I see that the Transactions List comprises approved transactions only , whereas, the Authorisations List includes declined transactions.
      Martin
      Mantra Audio

Comment

Working...
      X