Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security Header is not Valid

Just about had enough before throwing the computer at the dog

With a new site thought i may as well get paypal. that's where my anti life story begins, How hard can it be to add a psp, in the good old days when i started the old sites it took 24 hours and entered a couple of security keywords and hey presto up and running

so told by Paypal to use Paypal Express Checkout told how to get my sexy code APi signature, ok all done

Go to seller-deck select Paypal express checkout and enter API Username, API password and signature

Result Security header is not valid

Read forums five times check API data Fields are entered correctly

Two days spend, must ask why the hell do we bother
    Chris Ashdown

I don't really understand why anyone bothers with paypal express.

With paypal standard you use the normal sellerdeck checkout process and at the end they just choose to pay by paypal, sign in and click the pay button.

With paypal express the checkout process moves to paypal and you have to keep duplicate setup of any delivery charges, voucher codes, VAT settings, etc. The only advantage for the customer is that they'll already have their address info stored.

If the sellerdeck checkout process is good enough for everyone else, why isn't it good enough for paypal users? and do you think they really care?

Not worth the hassle IMO.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike

There is no Paypal Standard on my version of sellerdeck v12 any idea how I get there
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

I think it's just called 'Paypal Website Payments'. That's what's it's called in my V11.

Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike that solves that one and it looks like it works ok ,but

In Pre-authorise mode on paypal the pay button is grayed out so how do you take part payment or payment or do you have to go into paypal to do so

Sometimes we need to back order parts of a order

Great advice by the way, both sellerdeck support and Paypal told me that express was where I should go

Sorry to be a pain but avoided paypal like the plague for 10 years so rather ignorant to whole setup not helped by 6 options on how to use paypal
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

Sorry Chris, I don't know as I haven't used pre-authorisation with Paypal.

If you've tried it, then it might be worth looking in your paypal seller account to see if the ability to charge the buyer account has been added. It might happen automatically, or it might need another step.

Support should be able to help you.

Mike

Comment

Working...
            X