Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did a user place an order with no address or anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did a user place an order with no address or anything?

Just had an order email with no name, address, or postage on it.. (all are supposedly impossible, entering spaces etc doesnt work)..

By tracing his footsteps I can see how he did it, and its majorly flawed really, but what I am interested to know, is how on earth is sellerdeck payments reporting that the card details are fine, and 3DSecure verified etc etc, when the transaction details are all blank in Business Plus AND the SellerDeck Payments admin panel..

Anyone else had this? It's a new one on me..

It seems an odd one and I can't really see why anyone would do this. Is it for a downloadable product?

Not filling an address in is impossible to stop. Whatever you do someone could always just use a single or multiple characters or anything that isn't a valid address.

I'm not sure what checks you're saying were completed. 3d Secure is just the challenge / response passwords you set up the bank as a card holder. It doesn't need an address.

Are you saying the AVS (address Verification System) came back as confirmed?

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike

Nope, physical goods so seems illogical..

I understand what 3DSecure is, but the user hasn't even given his billing address details, the 3DSecure service, or part of its process, should've rejected it regardless of online banking password if the billing address is wrong, surely? Thats what happens if I try to pay for something with an incorrect or blank address..

Im just trying to work out whether this was a deliberate attempt to sabotage or whether the sellerdeck payments system has failed to capture any of the info the user put in (other than card number and 3DSecure signature)..

Comment

What does the view payments page say
        Chris Ashdown

Comment

the 3DSecure service, or part of its process, should've rejected it regardless of online banking password if the billing address is wrong, surely?
          Nope. As I said, the 3D secure process is just the challenge / response checking. It has nothing to do with address verification that is done by the AVS which is separate.

Clearly, to deliver the goods you need to contact the purchaser and get a delivery address. I'd see what they say (and check their address details using 192 or something similar) before making my mind up.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
          X