Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Realex Support

Hi All,

I have been out of the office so unable to take calls for a few days.

SellerDeck supports a range of payment providers and typically receives compensation for the work involved in supporting and testing integrations with each release of the software.

Unfortunately, in this case, the payment provider does not want to fund the maintenance of the integration and so we are not able to continue support, because this would:
    1. Be unprofitable
    2. Unfairly divert resources away from supporting users of other PSPs that are paying for the service

The end result is that we have been forced to remove the integration from the SellerDeck 2014. We have made best efforts to contact the provider, who have confirmed that they wish to cease support.

We have been aware of this since early October and towards the end of the same month we emailed SellerDeck's Realex customers informing them of the situation. We also attempted to follow up with a call to inform them of the change.

I appreciate this is cold comfort to those affected, but we can help customers out if they wish to switch to SellerDeck Payments and I have also spoken to another significant partner that is willing provide support. If you wish to find out more, message me directly and I will see what we can do.

Finally, I apologise of the communication has lacked clarity, There are a number of reasons for this, one of which is that we have been hoping to find a better solution. One alternative might be to find alternative funding for support. I don't blame Realex, who developed the integration, they are just making a commercial decision in the same way we are.

I hope this makes sense, I am a bit tied up tomorrow but will try to respond to further questions later in the day.
    Regards

Phil Rothwell
    Managing Director
    Sellerdeck Limited

SellerDeck Ecommerce Software

Comment

Thanks for the information Phil . Makes things a lot clearer . For the record though I received no email or phone call advising of this change.
      www.satellite.ie

Comment

Obviously Sellerdeck are keen to push as many people as possible into taking up the Sellerdeck payments option. But I dont think restricting choice is the way to do this, rather make the Sellerdeck payments option even better.. and I dont mean the back end. I mean the actual payment pages.

Most site owners, I think, would like the payment pages to seamlessly integrate with their website.. to make it look like the customer didnt leave the website and go to some other page that looks a bit... pony. Realex allowed you to upload an entire html template, hosted on their secure server, with their payment system embedded in it. It looked properly professional. Real shame to no longer have that option. The next best alternative afaic would be a well known payment page.. like Sage.
        Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

I agree . Looks like i will be going with sage in the new year.

Originally posted by feemish View Post
          Obviously Sellerdeck are keen to push as many people as possible into taking up the Sellerdeck payments option. But I dont think restricting choice is the way to do this, rather make the Sellerdeck payments option even better.. and I dont mean the back end. I mean the actual payment pages.

Most site owners, I think, would like the payment pages to seamlessly integrate with their website.. to make it look like the customer didnt leave the website and go to some other page that looks a bit... pony. Realex allowed you to upload an entire html template, hosted on their secure server, with their payment system embedded in it. It looked properly professional. Real shame to no longer have that option. The next best alternative afaic would be a well known payment page.. like Sage.
          www.satellite.ie

Comment

Still having discussions with Realex about this issue.

"Many thanks for your email. We are still in negotiation with Sellerdeck to offer support for their latest versions. We are hoping that Sellerdeck and ourselves can come to an agreement in a timely manner. "

Nothing back from Sellerdeck though plus ca change ...
            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Not sure if its relevant to us but Realex was bought by Global payments yesterday http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/rea...urce=shortlink
              www.satellite.ie

Comment

Updated payment gateway installer adding support for Realex in SellerDeck 2014

Hi all,

We are pleased to announce the release of a new payment gateway installer adding support for Realex in SellerDeck 2014. This installer is compatible with SellerDeck 2014 (v14.0.1) onwards.

You can download the new installer from the SellerDeck site via the URL below:

http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/index.ph...ellerdeck-2014

We realise that some SellerDeck merchants will want to know the reason for the delay in releasing the Realex integration in SellerDeck 2014. We have spoken to Realex this morning, and they have advised it would be best to either contact your Realex/Global Iris account manager, or email globaliris@realexpayments.com, they will be able to discuss in more detail. The team have been briefed on the SellerDeck/Realex integration release.

Thanks

Paul
                Last edited by pmsupport; 15-Apr-2015, 08:49 AM. Reason: Correction to Realex email address
                Paul Murphy
                Operations Manager - SellerDeck

Comment

This is excellent news!
                  Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Thank you - we're beyond pleased about this. We have had lots of supportive emails from Global/Realex in the last few weeks about good news coming, but I didn't want to say anything publicly.

I am glad everyone has been able to come to a great solution.
                    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Just excellent news
                      www.satellite.ie

Comment

Working...
                      X