Sellerdeck / Sagepay no longer sending confirmation emails follwing V3 upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NWTDAXS View Post
    .... according to Sage, the reason there are now no payment confirmation emails produced is that SD has chosen to implement V3 via SERVER/ Direct integration rather than FORM (not being phased out) for some reason.
    Does anyone know what the benefit of this is to us -- and why can't both types of integration be offered?
    From memory, Sage told me that they retain all the information, payment confirmation info etc that we used to get with V.23 but that SD have not implemented this in their script for V14.03

However, Sage told me that you can set this up yourself although at this moment in time, I've not even looked in to how to do it, but it must be possible

Comment

V3 Lack of payment confimations

Malcolm, Kev -- thanks for your replies.
      The conclusion would appear to be that it's down to SD, not Sage, to do something with the data they have to enhance their product / recover the lost functionality FORM users have enjoyed.
      The downloaded Order confirmation does show some payment data -- so I presume it's not impossible -- why can't that be included in the Order confirmation email?
      My programming days are long gone - but maybe an enterprising Partner could do a plug-in.
      Here's hoping!

Comment

Grant, I don't know if your client has been able to fix the issue with the lack of order confirmation (n.b.not payment confirmation) emails? In my case the issue was to do with digital downloads, and the fix was posted on the Knowledgebase this morning - http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=56328
        Now I'm not sure if that workaround may help your client if it is a different issue, and of course only make any script changes under advice, but I thought I'd at least post what worked for me.

Paul

Comment

We are just considering a move to Sagepay so this thread is disconcerting.
          Could we have an informative response from Sellerdeck on this please?
          Kind Regards
          Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Williams View Post
            We are just considering a move to Sagepay so this thread is disconcerting.
            Could we have an informative response from Sellerdeck on this please?
            I wouldn't waste your time Sean. This is nothing to do with Sage at all, it's SD and they know it, Sage know it an'll as they've told me several times that they've had so many customers complaining about the upgrade - it totally sickens me

Sage told me in not so many words to change my ecommerce package !!

SD knew about this V3 change last year and haven't done a good job about the scripts from what I can tell being that my site don't work due to this upgrade!!

Put it this way, I've been on the phone to Sage and my server host more times over the past week than I've had hot dinners and it still don't work

I've been on SD support for the past week and they aint got a clue. they've not even answered me since yesterday afternoon

They can't even test my snapshot on their own server !! - what the hell is that all about?

How can you write a perl script and assume it works when you can't upload a customers snapshot to test it out !!

I am absolutely p*****d off with the service I pay for and no-one is helping me out or has a bloody clue what they're doing

Comment

Latest update on the non payment emails

I have had a nightmare with this upgrade with SD 14.03 and Sage V3, however, it now works after 10 days of pulling my hair out - I've still got no answer as to why it decided to work last Sunday afternoon......

I asked Sage why there are no payment emails coming through as I've had enough already having to loggin in to Sage every time an order comes through, I'm getting dead bored of it - if nothing else, it'll bang up their rankings with the amount of direct hits they'll now get !!!

They said that they obviously have the payment data/information and that SD has the ability/technology to redeem it to provide payment confirmation emails but they chose not to. They also said that it's not difficult to do - How, I have no idea, but they told me it can be done pretty easily

So, I then get told this by SD when I asked the question yesterday:

"the payment confirmation is a disappointment but unfortunately sage never put this into the integration"

So, what's this all about then? one blaming the other in order to not lose face or customers?

Us users, are stuck in the middle

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Apologies for the mix up of communication here. I cannot speak for what Sage's Support team has said, however, i can assure that
                the Sage Pay integration for version 3 of Sage Pay does work.

Due to the growing issues with the integration we have created a new E-mail address which i will be operating myself.

If you need any help at all, please contact sagepay@sellerdeck.com

And i will be glad to help!

Comment

Originally posted by PA.com View Post
                  Grant, I don't know if your client has been able to fix the issue with the lack of order confirmation (n.b.not payment confirmation) emails? In my case the issue was to do with digital downloads, and the fix was posted on the Knowledgebase this morning - http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=56328
                  Now I'm not sure if that workaround may help your client if it is a different issue, and of course only make any script changes under advice, but I thought I'd at least post what worked for me.

Paul
                  Hi Paul,

I have been away on holiday, but will check with my client next week and see if anything was resolved. I know he had a support case going with SD so will see what the outcome of that was

Have a good weekend

Comment

I personally think that users should post any error images they receive for this integration. The integration really is not hard and involving 3 steps

As I mentioned on other threads, if I can do it then anyone can and it really does work - don't lose faith put it that way

Comment

Working...
                    X