Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I know this is an older thread, but..
    I've tried the Extended Info page changes from V8 aug, the preview looks fine, but when I've uploaded it just shows the old extended info page (without add-to-cart). But it does show on same page etc.
    http://www.mediaprovisions.co.uk/aca...artridges.html
    Click on the first image of a black cartridge.

I've tried upload and a full refresh

I'm missing something obvious but it is Friday afternoon...
    Regards Steve

www.UltimateFightwear.co.uk
    www.thedancersshop.co.uk
    www.ice-dancer.co.uk

There must be a get rich quick scheme that works!

Comment

Yes it could be Friday madness... but TBH i am confused by your Q

are you saying the top 2 products on this page http://www.mediaprovisions.co.uk/aca...artridges.html - on clicking product image should go to ext info page with add to cart?

they dont for me...

Comment

Its definitely that Friday madness...

It may have changed since I made that post as I continued to fiddle with it, sorry.
        I've since been trying it out on another product but step by step, and I think it was my copy-n-paste technique and I'd screwed up the html....
        Looks like I've found the solution after all.

Thanks
        Regards Steve

www.UltimateFightwear.co.uk
        www.thedancersshop.co.uk
        www.ice-dancer.co.uk

There must be a get rich quick scheme that works!

Comment

Ext Info Pages:

Maybe the Extended Info Pages are relevant from an SEO point, maybe not. Today I looked at webmaster tools on google which told me I had many title tag error issues (duplicate titles). After looking at these it turns out they are all ext info pages. So the question needs to be asked should I make sure the ext info pages are titled properly? Maybe the home link as mentioned on this thread could be a good idea.

I don't know if these pages are irrelevant for SEO. Maybe I'll email google.
          bathroom suites

Comment

You get duplicate titles as the extended info pages inherit from the parent, they don't have the facility to add your own on a standard install. That in essence is one of the main reasons why they are a junk solution. Scrap them completely and use the better SPP approach.

Comment

Working...
            X