Site Review - Paganum Online Farmers market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Review - Paganum Online Farmers market

Would be happy to receive any feedback, tips and hints on my new Ver8.5.2 site www.paganum.co.uk and any SEO tips to build into the site
    Thanks Chris
    Last edited by Paganum; 13-May-2008, 12:05 AM. Reason: amend
    Online Farmers Market www.paganum.co.uk

I don't have too many problems with the site design. It's professionally done and looks quite nice.

I probably wouldn't buy from you though. For a couple of reasons.

1. There's nothing on the site that says who you are or why I should buy from you. Are you a farmer? a butcher? do you have a shop? Where are you located? Do you buy from farms near you? Which farms? In fact is there anything about you that means I should trust you as anything other than a meat seller over the internet who buys in bulk from the local wholesaler?

There's lot's of talk about your ethos, your philosophy, and the "Paganum guarantee of traditional farming methods" but nothing that says who you are and why I should trust you or anything you say.

2. The language you're using seems to miss the mark to me. For example:

As a consequence, gastronomic excellence is maintained and, as connoisseurs will confirm, well-produced lamb tastes twice as good.
    I guess to me it mostly boils down to a lot of waffle that really doesn't actually mean anything. Phrases like "gastronomic excellence" and "gourmet produce" seem misplaced when talking about raw meat.

I guess the bottom line is that it sounds like you're trying to sell a premium product but it isn't clear to me that you're product is any better than that from my supermarket or why I should buy from you.

If I were you I'd think about what the key criteria people associate with top quality meat and what they're buying criteria is based on.

For meat quality I'd be thinking of things like:

- Freshness (there's nothing on the website about how the meat is delivered. Is it fresh, frozen, boxed in coolbox, delivered by overnight courier?)
    - Welfare of the animals
    - Organic (? - has to be a big one for premium food)
    - Quality of the butchery/meat care. Is it done by yourselves? etc

Then there's things like reasons I might buy:

- Supporting a small traditional butcher.
    - Supporting small quality farms against the supermarket buyers.
    - because I want the best meat from the best supplier. (through the whole process including butchery, hanging, shipping, etc)
    - because you're supporting small farms directly. Putting money back into proper farming and encouraging best practice.

I see that you're putting 'gastromic excellence, rural tradition' in your logo. I really think you need to back that up with some concrete evidence to support the whole value proposition.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I agree with Mike, I looked the the site before reading his review, but I have to say the first pages I went to were About and philosophy to find out who you were and hard info on how/where the meat was produced - this was not forthcoming. If i had been a potential customer i would have left the site at that point.

Comment

great advice

many thanks for the feedback I think your absolutly correct and the current text is full of waffle, I will update with the real story as it answers all of your questions and more hopefully, Cheers Chris

Comment

have updated the about us and philosophy pages

Jo/Mike

Have updated the About us & Philosophy pages and intend to add more pages on specific farmer info, is this any better?

Cheers
          Chris

Comment

Working...
          X