Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Sites designed in Actinic have good SEO Rankings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Sites designed in Actinic have good SEO Rankings?

Am curious to have a nozey at some sites that have been designed in Actinic which are doing well in the Search Engine Rankings and have a high PR with Google.

Anyone know of any?

id say this search would give the highest:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=inu...ient=firefox-a

becasue generally, the url 'acatalog' is shared by all actinic sites, (apart from smarty pants v9 ones, and hacks).

this will show you some pr5 sites.

Comment

Thanks there is definetly a few sites from that google search to have a look through.

Comment

Well optimised Actnic Sites

Gavin

Check out a search for packaging or cardboard boxes (the two most generic and competitive search terms in that market) and you'll see an Actinic v8 site which we customised/optimised ranking 2nd (www.postpack.co.uk). We eliminated a £10k per month Google PPC spend (1/4 million over 2 years) and doubled their turnover. 26k visits per month.

I woul;dn't get too hung up on PR, its largely based on backlinking and competitiveness in the market rather than quality of build

Rob
        www.rdeurotech.com
        Last edited by Rob at RDE; 16-May-2008, 12:55 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

There is an existing thread regarding sites with the highest PR.

Rob - take a look at the product dividers under FF on your example site - it is suffering a known issue and displaying the image as "railings"

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
            Rob - take a look at the product dividers under FF on your example site - it is suffering a known issue and displaying the image as "railings"
            oooh fergus knows about them tooooo

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
              oooh fergus knows about them tooooo
              Ooo you Bitch

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

we ran a keyword ranking competition not too long ago for actinic based websites.

Comment

Originally posted by jont View Post
                  Ooo you Bitch
                  PMSL

Comment

We're moving up the rankings for keywords I have targeted over the past few months, now sitting near enough top for a wide range of products. Our home page is PR6 while the majority of internal shop pages have PR5 categories, PR3/4 sub-categories and the odd PR1 or 2.

PR isn't everything, but it does influence rankings, even if it is just in small quantities

Comment

We're ranking no1 in google for our chosen keywords such as ethical toys, santa grotto toys, and high up on page for more generic keywords such as toys for 1 year olds, toys for 2 year olds, fairtrade toys, etc.
                      Home page has a PR4 and rest of site has PR3.
                      Julie
                      www.toys-to-you.co.uk
                      Affordable Fairtrade, green and organic childrens toys

Comment

Originally posted by grantglendinnin View Post
                        We're moving up the rankings for keywords I have targeted over the past few months, now sitting near enough top for a wide range of products. Our home page is PR6 while the majority of internal shop pages have PR5 categories, PR3/4 sub-categories and the odd PR1 or 2.

PR isn't everything, but it does influence rankings, even if it is just in small quantities
                        Grant - you make use of a lot of internal links at the bottom of your pages. Do you think this has helped your PR?

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Originally posted by Mark H View Post
                          Grant - you make use of a lot of internal links at the bottom of your pages. Do you think this has helped your PR?
                          Hi Mark.

Sorry for taking a while to get back on this. Yes, I believe the footer sitewide links do help internal ranking - some keywords mentioned in the footer links I have not built linking behind them, but they still rank quite well, these internal links are, in my opinion, the reason behind that. And for all of pagerank is worth, yes, I believe it also helps pass inner Pagerank to individual pages.

Cheers,
                          Grant

Comment

Originally posted by Rob at RDE View Post
                            Gavin

Check out a search for packaging or cardboard boxes (the two most generic and competitive search terms in that market) and you'll see an Actinic v8 site which we customised/optimised ranking 2nd (www.postpack.co.uk). We eliminated a £10k per month Google PPC spend (1/4 million over 2 years) and doubled their turnover. 26k visits per month.

I woul;dn't get too hung up on PR, its largely based on backlinking and competitiveness in the market rather than quality of build

Rob
                            www.rdeurotech.com
                            Rob,

Alistair Hhere, just reading your post and thought i would drop you a reply.

We have a large music company with retail premises. We have built a site version 8 www.haydockmusic.co.uk and whilst the day to day updating of products is fun for me, the marketing, web speak from various peoples thoughts on how to market and general ecommerce is beyond my means. Can you help? I have been burned many times in this area with promises of give me X and we will deliver Y, it never happens.

Look forward to hearing from you
                            Regards
                            Alistair

Comment

Dear Grant

Do you think your directory has made a big difference to your PR?

Best Wishes

Geraldine
                              Stardust Funky Kids T-Shirts

Comment

Working...
                              X