Does SEO have to be changed in-house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does SEO have to be changed in-house?

We currently have a contract with an SEO company to optimize our actinic website. The question I have is that they supposedly make changes to our website on their own and do not ask us to make the changes in-house...is this possible?

Also I have checked our website with several meta tag analyser's and I cannot find any terms they are supposedly optimizing our site for? Should they appear on these reports or will the changes be somewhere else?

Any help would be kindly appreciated,

Nathan.

Needs to be done within actinic if they are actinic controlled pages. Otherwise if they are doing it on the server pages, you will overwrite them on each upload.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Yes I think they are working on the server side as when I queried why our results hadn't changed much they said that we'd written over their changes. It was curious as to why it had taken them over 3 months to discover this and was only found out when I questioned them.

As for their changes would they show up with a meta tag analyzer?

Comment

Originally posted by mooshooh View Post
        when I queried why our results hadn't changed much they said that we'd written over their changes.
        Bin them off immediately. Any monkey worth their salt knows Actinic will overwrite what they have done every time you upload the site - Actinic has its own peculiarities and you need to use someone who knows how it works - your current people obviously do not.

It is no good analyzing what they have done unless you do not want to update your site at all

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

as jont and lee says your company do not knowhow actinic works. The seo company is trying to do the job as it would be done on 95% of normal websites where the only copy of a page is held on a server and so it can be changed by anyone with access. Actinic pages are generated on your of and then uploaded so any changes to the server pages are overwritten when you upload. Actinic SEO is a very different kettle of fish to the norm.

Comment

Working...
          X