Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SEO Friendly ?

hi all,

since up grading from V7 to V9 i have steadily slid down the rankings on all the search engines especially google.
    i haven't changed any keywords or descriptions either.
    has anybody had the same problem or could it be the theme i'm using.

www.ukboxingstore.co.uk

thanks

The vast majority are reporting the exact opposite, probably just a coincidence as Google has been changing things lately and you've probably naturally slipped down.

Comment

lee,

maybe it could be coincidence.., i'll keep an eye on it.

Comment

Well your white on white text could be the reason - a sure fire way to trash your rankings

Comment

Malcolm,

thanks..,
          i've changed the text colour now but when i first upgraded and chose to use that theme, that is how the text came up .., thought it was part of the theme.
          maybe the default colour should have been black?

is there any thing else i've missed?

Comment

Barry, no theme would create white text on white background intentionally, thus making it unreadable. When you switch themes, check all parts of your site, don't rely on anything, you may have chosen a colour scheme that clashes or doesn't work also. If you went to pick up a new car and it only had 3 wheels bolted on, i'm sure you'd say something, treat your website with the same logic.

If you change themes or colours and you are unsure what it will look like, then you can either do an offline preview of the page or the whole site, or you can in fact load the whole site up in test mode (web|switch to test mode) on your domain to see how things will look - this is the best approach while you are getting to grips with it as you see a functioning website.

Comment

Indeed - you should look through every page and section offline including the cart, search pages, terms etc and check they all are OK before uploading and then spent 30 mins bouncing around the live site chacking pages and making test purchases.

There was a big Google shake the other week and rankings are starting to settle down again. v8 and v9 are superior to v7 for SEO (white on white aside) so you should see a climb or at least stay even (competitors will also be working on their sites so it is never a static or fair race to be in)

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Ahhh

the constant cycle of SEO evaluation.

As Jont points out, what with Googles dance, competition re-work and internal changes, the task of maintaining your rankings can be an all consuming past time.

One thing to consider is to make appropriate changes to your site as you would see fit (to the benefit of the customer) upload and then continue to manage your business.

Check back once a forthnight/month to see what has occured and if it has works..if not evaluate why...

Remember, results take time so do not tweak daily...detrimental and with no positive impact, give the big G a chance to absorb your chances.

HTH
                Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by los_design View Post
                  ...give the big G a chance to absorb your chances.

HTH
                  Pun intended?

Comment

Afraid so Duncan...

could not resist
                    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
                    X