How many pages does Google index

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many pages does Google index

I've submitted a sitemap with 246 URLs in it and google has indexed only 8 of them. Will this go up or is there something wrong with the rest of them?
    www.homeautomation-direct.com

Energy Monitors and X-10 automation hardware

Go get some links to your website otherwise Google won't think your site is worth indexing.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

i looked at the site but pages kept timing out, i suspect this is a reason why G isn't indexing too

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
        i looked at the site but pages kept timing out, i suspect this is a reason why G isn't indexing too
        It's hosted on one and one's business package so I would have thought it would have been ok as other people on here use them.

Interestingly, I used one and one's sitemap generator, but if I use this one, from another post, http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/
        I only get 53 pages in total

Comment

yyour site is very new by the looks of it so google will not really be interested that much - it can take years to become fully indexed. You will also be in the sandbox for several months yet and repeatedly submitting sitemaps will not help in the slightest.

Work on your site and build links - currently you will not get any because the site is still under construction. Chicken and egg really - you are like every new site owner looking for instant results in fortunately that does not really happen with organic results. You may want to consider adwords until google gets to like you a bit more.

Comment

I've noticed that you link to the manufacturers website... I was going to suggest you ask for a reciprical link to yours, more importantly, their price list under cuts you!!!

http://www.devolo.co.uk/uk_EN/bezugs...reisliste.html

I'd get rid of the links; chances are once your potential customers have been redirected to their site they wont be back!

Army Gore-tex
            Winter Climbing Mitts
            webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
            Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

home Electricals is a very competitive market (and one targetted by fraud).

I did a quick search on the squeezebox, and everyone listed on page 1 of google has it priced at less than you. So even if you get indexed you still won't be able to expect sales.

I also found your product descriptions lacking, there are many products on your site i wouldn't have a clue what they did. I suspect you are using manufacturer tech specs, using these also means other sites will be using the same description too.

Just take a look at the description for the squeezebox on play, i found it told me in laymans terms what the product actually does, aswell as giving the full tech spec.

Interestingly, I used one and one's sitemap generator, but if I use this one, from another post, http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/
              I only get 53 pages in total
              investigate which urls are excluded, that also could give you a clue as to why G doesn't index the whole site

Comment

I would avoid sitemaps unless you know what you are doing. Giving misleading info re. update frequency etc. can do more harm than good. If your home page is indexed and you have good internal linking the google will find the rest. Better to spend time gaining links and adding fresh and relevant content.
                Blank DVD
                Cloth Nappies

Comment

gawd i love my squeeze...

...and my sling

Comment

The prices on there were just the RRPs at the time because as you say, the site is still under contruction. The trade prices I can buy for are obviously less, so when I do go live I'll search for each product and try and match or better everyone else.

The URLs from the one & one sitemap include the shopping cart and checkout etc, which are also the URLs that google has marked as having duplicate meta data. It must be because one & one is running down the raw directory on the server as opposed to following links. I think I'll resubmit it based on the new generator after having either modified the info page names or moved to SPP and added some more content.

Given that my extended info pages now use the same layout as the product pages, will moving to SPP give me anything?

Comment

Working...
                    X