Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jewellery Visual

Hello all,
    I am in the process of designing the home page of a website and am looking for some feedback - as critical as you like - about a visual that can be found at:-

http://www.fibonacci-designs.co.uk/rpj/

I would really appreciate this - even just taking a v quick look and write a line of commentary would be useful.
    Many thanks to all who take the time to look
    Chris
    Chris Adams

it looks nice, the top bar looks odd though, being a bit long, also not sure about the big white space in the middle under the very top bar next to the logo

D

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
      itop bar looks odd though, being a bit long
      This does jump off the page at you and not in a right way - looks like the site is broken.

The top right of the page is very cluttered - I would suggest at least moving the phone number to the middle of the page (assuming telephone orders are important).

The rest of the layout is honest and clean .... conforms to most of the ecommerce wisdom on layouts

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

There ya go, shift the number into the white empty space

Comment

My feelings are pretty much like others have mentioned. Personally I'd bin th every top bar completely. The middle white space does look a bit lost but not sure if moving the tel number would really help or not. Also what is that pendant doing at the bottom of the rght side panel?

Comment

Thanks all for the feedback so far - it's very useful (anyone read Steve Krugs 'Don't Make Me Think'? main message i got was useability testing and seeing as I don't have the budget to do it 'properly' this is a great start - so thanks. again.)

Darren - Top bar - meant to be a kind of browser bar addition, to link to other similar branded jewellery websites... if you can be bothered, have another look at the visual as I've updated it to sit where it's supposed to (and it's supposed to stretch the whole width). White space - yep thanks will think on that.
            Jont - clutter comment is useful. thanks.
            Duncan - header is obviously a consideration, pendant is confusing I know - it will be an animated gif / flash or something showing variety of products. I think it needs to be less 'floating' but there are others involved in the design.

Any further comments will be gratefully recieved!
            Chris
            Chris Adams

Comment

Until I read these comments and went back to the website, I hadn't even "seen" the very top bar. As it is wider than the main website, subconsciously I thought it was part of the browser and completely disregarded it.

You have checkout and basket three times on the page, which is maybe one time too many.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

PS the very top bar doesn't run whole width, it runs out at about 1200 pixels, and is unfinished at the ends.

I personally like the white space, and don't subscribe to the notion that every bit of real estate should be filled, however the top right hand side could perhaps do with a re-design.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Working...
                X