Site Review Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Review Please

Can I please get some thoughts/comments on our newly designed site (which is not yet live)
    http://www.puddle-computing.co.uk/

TIA

Kathy
    Kathy Newman

Loads better

only one comment, the collapso menu, when you mouse over the + button it changes the text to red which is hard to read

but its a huge difference to your live site

Comment

- As Darren says with the menu.
      - I think the text in the navigation menu's looks too big.
      - The menu just seems to go on and on. It could be easier to navigate.
      - There's something odd with the allignment here: http://www.puddle-computing.co.uk/ac..._Products.html
      - The 'Home' link doesn't work in the cart or checkout.
      - I'd expect the top LHS logo to link to home.
      - The checkout progress bar just confuses me. I don't have a clue where it's telling me I am in the checkout (general actinic bug bear of mine).

In terms of the checkout you have five stages:

- Cart
      - Checkout
      - Billing
      - Delivery
      - Receipt

Yet the bar only names the last four of these and the progress image always appears after the stage you're actually at. I just find this confusing.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Kathy

- I'm with the other two on the mouse-overed text going red.
        - There are a couple of stray <br>'s poking out on the About Us page
        - Personal taste - I'm not keen on the brown feel to the site as I feel it robs the pages of some 'life'. But don't ask me for an alternative as I'm pretty hopeless at that sort of thing!
        - Is it my imagination, or is the line height a bit low in the block text - I feel a bit cramped reading it.
        - Otherwise, big improvement on the old site.

One question - which method did you use for the drop menus - they're nice and smooth in operation?
        Kind Regards
        Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

The about me page seems to be an unfinished version of your delivery page.

I feel navigation would be clearer if the products in the left nav bar looked different or were separated if some way from the brochure pages (Privacy policy, etc) as they all seem to blend together and when looking quickly you may not spot the important links to your products.

The card logos in the right column look a little on the large side.

As mentioned already the text becomes unreadable (red) in the left menu when you move off the lettering.

On the "Meet the Team" page the image size of "Mellie" does not match the other ten photos which are all identical in size

I get seven missing images on your "Links" page
          Darren Guppy
          Golf Tee Warehouse
          Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Hi Kathy

Looks good - quick nitpick - in FAQ it says up to 4.5kg goes Royal Mail, in Delivery it says 3.5kg.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Me again

Your standard shipping charge is doubling up to £6.72 with more than 12 items in the shopping cart. Probably sensible, and still good value, but at odds with your delivery schedule!

Comment

That's really come along, Kathy. Personally I would like to see the round-cornered headings have the same width as the box underneath, but that may not be easy depending on how you've done the round corners.

In the breadcrumbs, "Online Catalogue" is shown in a link style (brown, with underline), but the other sections aren't, even though they are links. This may be an Actinic thing.

The site is really inviting now. I found myself browsing products - and I don't even have a pet!

Comment

Would just like to say that the cat in your banner looks just about ready for world domination

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaUK View Post
                    Would just like to say that the cat in your banner looks just about ready for world domination
                    You might laugh - its in the planning as we speak

Comment

I'd say it was keeping a shrewd eye on the basket summary......

Comment

I really like the Navigation with the + bar leading to more categories. I also like the fact that Google can read it in the text only Cache which is exactly what I'm after for a project. Is this an option in Actinic or is this created yourself?

Can you provide details on it's whereabouts either way please and exactly what it is? I assume it's Javascript. I'm very new to Actinic (since the weekend) and I like that style of navigation.

Thanks in advance.

Tom.
                        AdvantageDigitalMedia.co.uk
                        Quality Flyer Printing, Business Cards & Letterheads, Leaflets, Menu and Poster Printing!

Comment

Tom,
                          that's a Collapso menu, an Actinic add-on from Drillpine(.biz)
                          Tracey

Comment

Oh right, that's great.

Thanks Tracey!
                            AdvantageDigitalMedia.co.uk
                            Quality Flyer Printing, Business Cards & Letterheads, Leaflets, Menu and Poster Printing!

Comment

Just what I needed to know - Thanks Tracey
                              Kind Regards
                              Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Working...
                              X