Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTML v's Actinic main site

Hi

FOrgive me if this has been asked before but I've looked throughout the forum & the knowledgebase and found nothing that gives me an answer.

I'm building a store for a site in Actinic at the moment and am wondering whether to put all the info pages (about 30) as brochure pages or create a site in dreamweaver and have the shoping cart as an add-on. Most of these pages will be purely related to the goods in the shop and there is a lot of info containing keywords to be used. I realise that the code in Actinic sites is quite SE friendly, but does anyone know if it would be beneficial to create the main site in Dreamweaver and have teh cart as an add-on or do all the info pages as brochure pages?

Thanks

Do it all in Actinic, one template, one look, one package - life is bliss.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
      Do it all in Actinic, one template, one look, one package - life is bliss.
      Thanks for your reply Lee buy I was wondering if it would be slightly better to do it that way from an SEO perspective as one of my competators doesn't have a cart on their site but just a 25 page site done in dreamweaver (or similar). It's been no.1 in Google for years and all the ecommerce sites are around no.4 - no.7 so I thought I'd combine a regular site with a shop as an extra.

Am I barking up the wrong tree here and should just be concerned with sorting out a decent Actinic site?

Ilam

Comment

I would do it actinic.

Actinic works very well as a content management system for non product pages and unlike most ecommerce systems uses static web pages and links so doesn't suffer in the serps like other systems.

I can't think of any advantage you might get by doing it outside of Actinic.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
        X