Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Review Please!

www.atlantisaquatics.co.uk

Bit of background: I'm helping out a friend with this website, it's not mine. I am currently getting to grips with Actinic and learning how to use it, I have a fair bit of experience in HTML, PHP, one of your competitors starting in OS, and some marketing and SEO stuff.

I don't currently like this site, I think the colours are appalling and the navigation is terrible, as far as I'm concerned nobody will scroll down that far to see what they do. Theres no mention at any point of what they do anywhere on the page, which to me is a big no-no. I think theres a lot to be done, and I've got 3 A4 pages of things-to-do written for me to do when I get a chance, I'm hoping to get some details off you guys to cross-reference with my own list and hopefully go from there.

After all, you are the experts with this stuff!

I can't currently just change things willy nilly as I don't have access, it's a long story but I will soon have, I'm trying to get ahead of the game and implement some simple but very effective changes to start with, then over the next few months plan a redesign changing the colours and so on and so forth.

Thanks.
    AdvantageDigitalMedia.co.uk
    Quality Flyer Printing, Business Cards & Letterheads, Leaflets, Menu and Poster Printing!

The site is basically ok, it just has quirks. You seem to have all the right ideas for improvement.

The most annoying thing is the different layouts between the Actinic and non-Actinic pages. You want to get those others moved into Actinic so they use common layouts.

The Services page has an extra-deep space for the header, causing replication. Again, common layouts would fix this.
    The Kids Corner link gets Error Code 11001: Host not found

And yes, that menu does go on a bit.

Comment

Hi, thanks for taking your time to check it out.

Can you give me a quick example of the different layouts you're referring to? I think I've got a "version" of that written down here but a link to a page of each would be great, at least that way were singing from the same hymn sheet!

From my point of view, the "hard work" is done. Theres a lot of products on there and all the pricing and information is there. It's just a case of tweaking what's already there.

More comments/criticisms please!
      Quality Flyer Printing, Business Cards & Letterheads, Leaflets, Menu and Poster Printing!

Comment

Keep your eye on the header and top menu bar and click on:
        - Home
        - Services (these two have different top menus)
        - Shopping (this one is the Actinic menu bar)

Comment

I think the menu is far too verbose and will be very difficult to use. Perhaps consider using Norman's Collapso menu from Drillpine.biz.

Comment

Already enquired about the Collapso menu on another thread and got that sorted. Also I see what you mean acompton, I've got that down as "f**ked header issue" so were singing the same!

Cheers.

Comment

atlantisaquatics.co.uk/acatalog/ coralsforsale.html

thispage is abit confusing as it mixes sections and a product.

given that the product description is long i'd been inclined to float it around the image etc to get it full width of the available space

Comment

Didn't spot that, nice work thanks!

Comment

Center Page.

Try putting your page as a set width in the center of the page.
                  It doesn't seem to expand past the header image so this shouldnt cause any problems.

Code:
                  <table width="900" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>

**PAGE**

</td></tr></table>
                  Cheap Printers

Printer Toner
                  Printer Ink
                  Ink Cartridges

Comment

Working...
                  X