Seo - is this ok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seo - is this ok

I have decided to start having a look at V9 with a view of redesigning my sites and just have a few questions which I hope will be answered.

I am using the reflective design and have decided to use an approach of using one product as the main description and then further products for the available options, see HERE this is so that I can keep better stock control of individual sizes. Would this approach be a good or bad thing in terms of SEO?

In addition is it possible to have categories in the side menu relating to finger sizes but instead of adding duplicates they show search results for the site?

This is only a server that I am playing with and not an actual working site.

Many thanks
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

Looks really ugly to me, why not add your choices as normal and associate the choices to hidden products for stock control (conventional way over the past few years). You should be building pages to make it easy and pleasureable for people to shop, not make it easy for you to stock control, remember your audience.

Comment

I was going to say the same.
      Hide those products and put in a dropdown for customers to choose from, using the hidden ones as associated products for stock control.
      Looks much neater, IMO
      Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
        I was going to say the same.
        Going to? You nearly stopped yourself and then went ahead anyway?

Comment

aye well, you know me...if it's gotta be said I'm gonna go ahead and say it anyway!
          Tracey

Comment

Many thanks for the advice.

I have drop down boxes on my live sites but hey are only options. I will look into using hidden products.

Many thanks

Jason
            Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
            Zirconium Rings
            Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Working...
            X