How to split product styles/lengths for best SEO results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to split product styles/lengths for best SEO results

I am currently redesigning my website and will be using SPP. I have a product which comes in 4 styles and each style is available in different sizes and colours as listed below.

Product in four styles called:
    Standard - (available in 4 size/colour combinations pack with verying pack qty)
    Stepped - (2 sizes)
    Ultra - (4 colour / size combinations)
    Twin - (2 sizes)

For SEO reasons should I split these as 12 separate products each with it own single product page or list them as 4 products with choices. The alternative I was considering is a separate page for each style and length but drop down lists where a colour choice exists (i.e 9 styles/lenghts + colour choices).

The description text is going to be fairly similar for each product/style, although I can vary it slightly and am concerned about diluting the keywords for SEO.

The old layout can be seen here: http://www.golfteewarehouse.co.uk/ac...Lift_Tees.html, but in the Ultra style each size has a colour option.

Which ever method I go for I will have a section page with all the products styles with an Add To Cart button against each product and a link through ot the single product page.
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Build for shoppers not search engines

Comment

I agree with Malcolm. You've got 4 different products there, if you're doing single product per page then you need 4 pages. Why make things more complicated?

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

you could have the ultra as a seperate product. we have a similar problem with some products, like spare extinguisher pins. do we have 12 seperate products or 1 with 12 options? we went for 1 with 12 options.
        Water is both ordered and flexible at the same time. It maintains its own identity, but conforms as necessary to the circumstances around it.

-Miyamoto Musashi - The Book of Five Rings

Jake
        Buy Fire Extinguishers
        Fire Extinguishers

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I think I will keep it simple and go for just 4 products.
          Darren Guppy
          Golf Tee Warehouse
          Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Yeah I agree with Firecom, group your similar products together and SEO that page instead of each product for each page. Unless the product is so popular and overwhelming then I will create a landing page for this specific product and drive traffic using PPC tecniques.
            Online Business Networking - Free tools for small business

Comment

Working...
            X