Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double meta tags

Hello everyone,

I just noticed something unusual on my site. By chance, I had a look a the sourcecode of this page: http://www.10thway.co.uk/acatalog/Bu..._Printing.html & I noticed that I have duplicate meta keywords & meta descriptions...

Does anyone know why is this and how to remove one set of each?

Thanks,

Matt.

been discussed before try http://community.actinic.com/showthr...+meta+keywords for starters

Comment

Thanks Mal,

That's like reading Arabic to me. Can anyone give me a solution in English please?

Thanks,

Matt.

Comment

Unfortunately that is the solution, back up, back up, back up, and then begin...

Comment

OK thanks. I still don't understand what I'm meant to do, can anyone help me getting started? Once I do it for one page, I should be able to replicate it across the site.

Thanks,

Matt.

Comment

Identify which pages duplicate meta tags are being generated for - catalog, section, brochure, terms, contact us,sitemap - once you have identified which pages are duplicating the meta tags, you can move on to step 2.

Which version of Actinic are you using?

Comment

Thanks, what's step 2?

I use business plus 9.03.

Comment

OK thanks. I still don't understand what I'm meant to do, can anyone help me getting started? Once I do it for one page, I should be able to replicate it across the site.
                the solution given means adding blockif code to the outerlayout, and is dependant on the type of page where the tags are duplicated

Comment

Working...
                X