Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site review

Hi everyone

Would be grateful if you could have a look at my site and provide me with some constructive criticism/tips/suggestion etc

Thanks for your help

www.ruckshop.com

Read the site review forum in it's entirety and you will have all the answers you are seek. IMO

Comment

and one thing I would say is that it's FAR too wide.
      It's breaking 1024 by a mile!
      Tracey

Comment

Hi - I get some form of java error when going through checkout and selecting 'credit card'. This may be some quirk of my machine but you may want to get others to test. When I try Paypal, I can't see the paypal button it is telling me to press, although eventually it bounces to paypal's screen.

Regarding the 'look', the width has already been commented on. It is running off my screen. The banners feel huge and are attacking my eyes. Font is tiny by comparison.

It seems unusual to find a 'about us' link after I've selected 'start shopping'. This is better put elsewhere and just leave the products / sections in the catalogue.

The layout looks disjointed....The cart details box seems free floating.
        Having a single product per page has been much discussed and I believe should help you focus your search engine efforts. This would also give you the opportunity to include the size charts on the item's page (skins) rather than hoping customers have read how to find this info from the top of the page.....and give you space to use a larger font.

I've recently taken some layers out of my own hierarchy as I read Google gives up after a while. I think you may need to look at yours as I went shop/player protection/shoulder pads/adult/brand before I got to the items! This may discourage you from doing single product per page as I mentioned above (and making another level) but I'd see if there was a way to restructure this.

I'm no rugby player and don't know your products well...however I would like to be able to click an image and see a much larger, more detailed shot. Otherwise I'd be off to the manufacturer's own site to get more detail and I may not find my way back. Perhaps your customers know your products well enough?

Your p&p charges seem quite moderate so it may be worth being a bit more upfront with them...and doing a 'free p&p when you spend over £x' to win an extra sale.

On the +ve, good choice of domain name and I like the colours, although I chose to use them in reverse for my very different products.
        Peter Hayes
        www.hohobird.com
        Antiques Clocks, Barometers etc

Comment

I also found that the Paypal option is not working, it goes to a screen asking be to press a paypal button to proceed but there is no button.

If I select the credit card option an embedded payment area appears which I assume is Javascript, and I assume this indicates you are collecting the card details on your own site without using a PSP (correct me if my assumptions are incorrect). If this is the case I suspect you will not be complying with PCI-DSS requirements.

I would also advise you to reduce the width of your header as it is too wide for 1024px screens.
          Darren Guppy
          Golf Tee Warehouse
          Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

You also have some grey on grey text "store sections" and "shoulder" pads on the page - a big no no for Google.

Your logo is 1323x145 .. it only needs to be 815x145 aligned to the centre with a white background

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
            X