Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site review

Just finished a new site.

I have tried to take into account comments made about my other sites (header size, colours, newsletter subscription, meta tags...). So would like to know what you think.

www.natorigin.co.uk

James
    www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
    www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
    www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
    www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
    www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

Hi James,

Looks great. Very stylish.

My concerns would be:

- There's no link to the products via the 'Main pages' navigation. It just seems odd to me that the only obvious link is via the top bar navigation.

- The top bar link to the products page also goes via the cgi-bin which isn't the best way to do it. Especially as you don't appear to be using accounts.

- The main image does link to the product pages but I only found that out by experimenting. It isn't obvious.

- The 'New Products' seems to be oddly named as you only have 5 products but list 6 as 'new' including the product catalog. I'd rename / rework this. They also are all invisible without scrolling so they're not going to be doing much anyway.

- The product names of the 'new product' descriptions should link to the products. At the moment they don't.

- The search box has a coloured background which also looks wrong to me. I expect entry forms to have a white background. This is standard usage almost everywhere and while challenging the norm for a reason make sense, I'm not sure it does here.

Please provide us with your name and email address if you would like to receive our newsletter. It provides product news and occasional special offers
    Is very long winded. Something shorter and more grabbing would be better. Even just saying the same thing more directly would work better. i.e.

"Enter your details below to receive product updates and special offers"

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Yes, it does look good. I would suggest that the product pages need and indication of the product size: volume or weight.

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
        - There's no link to the products via the 'Main pages' navigation. It just seems odd to me that the only obvious link is via the top bar navigation.
        Not so obvious link! I thought it was only a brochure site at first

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

My first impressions...

1. Nice looking site!
          2. I clicked on the first Main Pages button, NATorigin concept, and thought the menu was broken! Giving the home page 2 different names will confuse people IMO.

Malcolm
          ¤ The world wide web needn't cost the earth
          ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
          ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

I too couldn't find the products but I think I know why:

I think the site is really aiming at two different markets:

1 - The reseller, who wants to know about the Point of sale stuff but won't be 'shopping' in the conventional retail sense. This is maybe why the products are 'hidden' and they are offered Point of Sale info. The home page text "Too few consumers know...." is talking to the reseller

2 - The end user, who will buy one or two products. Flat rate p&p charges and the chance to buy just 1 of a single product seem to be pointed at end-users. These customers need to find the products quickly and tend to look in the left hand column for the required link.

If this analysis is correct, it could backfire. The end-user can't find the products and will leave. The resellers may sense that you are also trying to sell direct, and may see the site as their competition once they have bought wholesale.

You may be better having 2 sites, each focussed at the target market, or at least split traffic off to the appropriate pages as soon as users arrive at the site.

I like the look of the site. I'd like the option to see larger images. The current photos are good, but you don't really get a feel for the quality of the packaging and you can't read some of the text printed on the packaging.
            Peter Hayes
            www.hohobird.com
            Antiques Clocks, Barometers etc

Comment

Thanks for the comments.

Glad you like the overall look of the site and will look at ways to address the issues you mention.

James
              www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
              www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

Comment

Need a little help.

Ttrying to add the product list above the information pages, but can't seem to get it in the same style of list as the brochure pages.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

James

Comment

Ah, think I have sorted now.

James

Comment

Working...
                  X