Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page title not showing up...

Hi

2 out of 3 of my sites do not show the page TITLE when I view the source code on their home pages. I checked to see if the text is actually in the 'Name' box, and it is.

I had someone tweak the template for me and I am wondering if they had deleted something.

Any help much appreciated.

Maria

You would need to use this code for the title tag (It's possible they have not put it in when tweaking your site)

Code:
    <title><actinic:variable name="PageTitle" /></title>
    This will display what is entered into the 'Page Title' box under page settings
    "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Originally posted by chunkesolutions View Post
      You would need to use this code for the title tag (It's possible they have not put it in when tweaking your site)

Code:
      <title><actinic:variable name="PageTitle" /></title>
      This will display what is entered into the 'Page Title' box under page settings

Hi

This is what I have on the home page at the moment (http://www.amusica.co.uk) where there is no page title
      <!-- Primary HTML begin -->
      <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
      <HTML>
      <HEAD>
      <TITLE>
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Section%22">
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionPageTitle%22%20%2f%3e%20%20%21%3d%20%22%22">
      <actinic:variable encoding="actinic" name="SectionPageTitle" />
      </actinic:block>
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionPageTitle%22%20%2f%3e%20%20%3d%3d%20%22%22" >
      <actinic:variable name="CompanyName" /> <actinic:variable name="SectionName" />
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22Section%22" >
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Store%20Front%20Page%22" >
      <actinic:variable name="StoreName" />
      </TITLE>

Comment

The compares to this... which is on the pedigree charm site (http://www.pedigreecharm.co.uk/) which does have a page title.

<!-- BrochurePrimary HTML begin -->
        <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
        <HTML>
        <HEAD>

<TITLE><actinic:variable name="BrochureName"/></TITLE>
        <actinic:variable name="BaseHref" />
        <META NAME="ACTINICTITLE" CONTENT="<actinic:variable name="BrochureName"/>">
        <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
        <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22MetaKeywords%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22" >
        <meta name="keywords" content="<actinic:variable name="MetaKeywords" />">
        <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22MetaDescription%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22">
        <meta name="description" content="<actinic:variable name="MetaDescription" />">
        <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsP3PPolicyUsed%22%20%2f%3e"><link rel="P3Pv1" href="<actinic:variable name="P3PFullPolicyLink" />"></actinic:block>

<LINK REL=STYLESHEET HREF="actinic.css">
        <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="actiniccore.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
        <link href="actinic.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
        </head>

Comment

Sorted it....

It looks like the designer used the product page temp for the home page.

Works fine now.

Thanks for the lead....

Comment

Working...
          X