Search Engine Optimisation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search Engine Optimisation

We have been advised by several SEO companies that Actinic is not "user friendly" as far as optimising our web site is concerned, and also that any changes to our site have to be made "in house", and cannot be done remotely via FTP. Has anyone had any luck with SEO and what companies do you use

Actinic is perfectly suited for SEO. The only reason why they don't like it is because they can't do it from their place of work, and like they said they will have to do it 'in house'. Also, i suspect they don't want to purchase Actinic, as you could send them a snapshot for them to work on.

One way in which they could do the work is by csv import. They can do the work in excel, and send it back for you to import and update your site with. But then that would involve learning a new system which i probably wouldn't think they would do, not for a price anyhow.
    "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Originally posted by BPS View Post
      We have been advised by several SEO companies that Actinic is not "user friendly"
      As indicated already the user in "user friendly" they refer to is "their" users. Actinic is one of the best at delivering SEO optimised websites, however the person working on the SEO aspects needs to know Actinic. To get the best results requires knowledge of the software, and what it is capable of delivering e.g. some useful, advanced SEO tips involve user defined variables and blocks within Actinic. Other techniques require some amendments to layouts for example. All of these would not be deliverable by someone with no knowledge of Actinic.
      I am sure, however, they are very good at what they do and the "general" SEO knowledge they can implement will be valuable.

As Louise mentioned, remote access is also a good way forward, and is pretty standard these days - we use it extensively ourselves when working with very large Actinic websites for SEO (LogMeIn), to save issues of snapshotting Actinic to and fro.
      Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
      Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
      SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Working...
      X