Spiders not happy with body content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spiders not happy with body content

I've just submitted my website http://www.staircasekits.co.uk to a spider simulator (summitmedia.co.uk) and it has come back with an overall grade of 18/24 75% but the main issue is that the body text doesn't contain credible amount of content. But isn't this due to the structure of the actinic site where the body text of the home page is just a list of the product sections?

Can someone advise me how I can improve on this rating especially as I have worked so hard to put proper content everywhere in the site?

Thank you.
    Sally
    i4detail

http://www.staircasekits.co.uk

You can add any content you want to your homepage simply by adding fragments but that said, although important, I wouldn't be too concerned about the homepage content. You would be better off getting good content on your product pages as these are the most likely landing pages for your visitors, not the homepage.

Comment

But isn't this due to the structure of the actinic site where the body text of the home page is just a list of the product sections?
      Home pages are pretty well redundant nowadays. Most sites get the majority of their visitors landing on products pages, indeed i can cite the example of a site who had a trojan on its index page for weeks before they noticed as orders remained at the same level due to customers entering the site further down the structure due to quality SEO on products.

Get good quality keyword rich product descriptions.

Comment

Thanks for the advice

Thanks guys. I've already put quite some effort into the keyword rich content and will now go back and make sure that this is the best it can be. Thanks for your advice.
        Sally
        www.staircasekits.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X