Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meta & single PPS

A couple of questions;

What is the correct format for entering meta descriptions & keywords in the Section Detail page of Actinic, should the be comma seperated?

I notice much talk about single products per section, but have unwittingly arrange my products into sections containing multiple products - I now notice that there is no meta data entry fields for products where there is for sections. Does this mean that with my current arrangement of lots of products per section that I wont be able to enter meta data for each product, but only for each section.

My site has just gone live (to a fashion) over the last few days & isn't fully functionsl yet - would I be wise at this point to consider re-arranging it to single product per section?

Thanks.
    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

I notice much talk about single products per section, but have unwittingly arrange my products into sections containing multiple products - I now notice that there is no meta data entry fields for products where there is for sections. Does this mean that with my current arrangement of lots of products per section that I wont be able to enter meta data for each product, but only for each section.
    a product on its own does not create an html page thus doesnt have meta tags

a single product in a section will output an html page thus meta at this level. ie the single product inherits the meta from its section.

section
    ------section - put meta here for product1
    ---------- product1
    ------ section - put meta here for product2
    ---------- product2

Comment

Originally posted by Air-Tech View Post
      ...correct format for entering meta descriptions & keywords in the Section Detail page of Actinic, should the be comma seperated?
      IMO meta description is a sentence or sentences punctuated in the same as you would with normal text. Keywords are usually separated by commas.

...Does this mean that with my current arrangement of lots of products per section that I wont be able to enter meta data for each product, but only for each section.
      Correct. You can only have meta data per section or web page.

...would I be wise at this point to consider re-arranging it to single product per section?
      IMO I would do it now, as an ongoing process.

Comment

OK Gents - Appreciated - I guess I know what I will be doing for the next while then.

Just one thing, some of my products are currently at three sections deep, a bit like section; sub-section; sub-sub-section; product page with multiple products listed, which fit the three click theory, a bit like;

http://www.air-craft.net/acatalog/Micro_Mesh_Pads.html

However, if I then put all the products into PPS, they will be at a depth of 4 clicks. This doesn't really concern me from the point of view of potential customers turning away, but it does concern me from a search engine point of view as I have read some articles on crawlers only going to certain page depths - is this correct?

Comment

I think you will find that the benefits of being able to optimise the page for each product far outweigh the depth of the site links just make sure you have a sitemap on all pages.

You could also place cut down duplicates in the parent sections with add-to cart and a link to the SPP.

Comment

Good.

Thanks Again!

Comment

Working...
            X