Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a tag to an image on brochure page

Hi all,

Been searching for ages trying to find a thread about this but failing miserably.

I want to add meta tags to all the images on my website to help with SEO. Does anybody know how to do this???

Thanks!!

I think you may be confused with alt or title tags, meta tags are not added to images, Actinic already adds alt tags, it does not add title tags though so you can add those if you want. Select the design tab and directly click on one of the images in question, the code for that layout will be presented in front of you, add your extra tag to that and job done.

Comment

Amazing, thanks Lee, you've been a massive help to me about 1000 times over the last week with all your other posts!

Cheers!

Comment

I'm sorry I spoke too soon....

When I go to the design view and click on an image it does jump to the coding, but unfortunately no matter what image I click on, I end up changing to same piece of code so all my images end up having the same alt tag.

Once i'm in the design tab, I've tried clicking on the individual fragments first and then scrolling down and selecting the image, as well as clicking on the brochure page before clicking on the image and the same thing happens....

Hope you can help!

Thanks!

Comment

This sounds like you are adding specific code to a template. if you want to have your own specific alt tags then you will need to create a new variable to hold the text and scope it to product and fragment.

You then add the variable in design view to the product and fragment image layouts (as you did before except this time like this: alt="VariableName"). You can then add the variable value in the properties tab in the fragment and product details.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes i'm using a template. How to a create a new variable to hold the text?

Comment

Use the inbuilt help, it's very helpful and will show you what to do. If you are adding a title tag, just copy how actinic has done the alt tag and keep it simple.

Comment

Working...
              X