Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Googel search finds "Best Selling Items" as the page

Hi

I feel a bit guilty asking questions as I am not experienced enough to contribute in return, but maybe any answers to my questions will be of help to others.

We are a new business, still trying to crawl up the google pages. If I search for a product on my site and if google finds it, it usually says this

Best Selling Items - 49 visits - 14:47
    This week's Special Value We are pleased to offer this great package at an extra value price. The Cosatto Budi 3 in 1 Travel System ...
    www.thebabystudio.co.uk/ - Cached

If ever I do manage to find my products they usually appear under the title of Best selling Items. I notice some other site return similar, but many return the product name or the actual name of the site.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

D

At the moment it looks as if Google is only picking up items from your home page and is trying to put some relevant page content with the search result which is why the 'best selling items' is appearing as the title.

The key thing to get around this is to get more relevant links to your site and webpages. At the moment Google thinks you have no significant links. The easiest way to fix this is things like:

1. Add a link in your forum signature
    2. Ask your suppliers to link to you from their website.
    3. Get links from local business directories (including Google Local).
    4. Advertise on Google Adwords, etc. You can always bid low to avoid paying out too much and getting too many clicks (or make your ad text a bit uninviting) but remember that higher placed ads can also appear on partner sites such as amazon and ebay.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Mike,

I will try that - I do always enter the homepage when submitting a site, perhaps I will try other pages.

Cheers

Derwent

Comment

You need to be thinking in terms of optimising each page on your site for a different keyword (phrase) if you do this sucessfully people will enter your site on a page relevant to their search term ie the product page they want to buy.

Comment

Working...
        X