Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search engine finds a spelling mistake - I cant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search engine finds a spelling mistake - I cant?

Hi guys,

I have been trying to run special offers to attract business.

I tried searching for my special offers in Google but they never came up. Then I accidentally left out a space in the line I was entering in the search and boom! there was my site at the top of page 1. I got all excited for a moment, then noticed I had left out a space.

So when I typed in the correct line it didint find my site again. Therefore I thought I must have a spelling mistake on my site. But I cant find it. All of the pages to do with the special offer are correct.

If the customers make the same mistake I will do fine

I would appreciate some advice. Should I forget it or will it be in the code rather than the regular data entry boxes in the sections and products?

This was the search that finds my site.

cosatto budi 3 in 1special

Putting the space in between the "1" and "special" stops it finding us.

Many thanks

D

you can test one html page (see what it looks like) from within actinic (the pagePreview icon), the same facilities allow you to generate all pages into the temporary area (multi-pagePreview icon)

so in your case, generate all pages, then search the html pages generated for 1special phrase
    at least this should give you which page is the problem

alternatively, look in your browser history to see which pages from your site you visited (assuming you didn't visit all of them) and that again could narrow down where the 'mistake' is

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I viewed the source by copying it into word and searching for 1special - couldnt find it, strange?

I guess I could delete those sections and make new versions, that may fix it.

Thanks again

Derwent

Comment

I had a search on the online page (and cache) and couldn't see it. Personally I'd wait and not do anything right now - it might be a Google issue.

Comment

Click 'Cached':

This is Google's cache of http://www.thebabystudio.co.uk/acata...ial_Offer.html. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on 12 Jul 2010 11:32:20 GMT. The current page could have changed in the meantime. Learn more

Text-only version
          These search terms are highlighted: cosatto budi 3
          These terms only appear in links pointing to this page: 1special
          Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
          X